Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was it about Margarito that made some of you think he was a threat to beat Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
    It would have been an interesting match up. Obviously a mismatch in terms of speed and skill, but it gets evened out to some degree with Margarito's size, strength, stamina and willingness to walk through punches.

Back when Margarito and his hand wraps were in their prime, he was a threat.
    Nobody walks thru that Mayweather body jab.

Tony's overrated stamina and strength would be exposed in that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      For me 3 things attributed to that:

Well, he beat Cotto into a bloody pulp when they fought in 2007* (pre wraps scandal), and of course, many fans that time believed that floyd is also ducking cotto, hence hyping that maybe Margarito can actually do more against him since he KOed Cotto.

The way he fights also backed it up, for fans he was like the bigger badder version of Castillo which Floyd had a hard time with. Throws like a thousand punches.**

And also Floyd made it looked that way many times, when Margarito confronted Floyd for a fight he was obviously shooked, and didn't seem to know how to respond properly. (look the video up on youtube)***

Floyd would've found a way to beat margarito even before the wraps scandal had they fought, but certainly it really appeared that he was scared. Done by margo, media and also him.****
      PTI...

* - as if margie was pummeling cotto every rd !!!! cotto got gassed by the 6th rd. no troubles from margie at all. similar to when wlad lost to brewster. was cruising along until tank was on E. cotto corrected his mistake and easily won the rematch. the eye was fine enough for margie to have done what he was supposed to do. he didnt enter the ring with an eye missing.

** - and it wouldnt have been a surprise to may. margie is NO FNCKING JLC. jlc actually thinks and makes adjustments. hes also more accurate than margie.

*** - wgaf about ''looks''. it looked as if jacobs was never gonna fight 3g. lo and behold. may shrugged off margie because he wasnt in the plan.

**** - again, lesser men beat margie. so much for appearances.

there was nothing in margies limited tool box that would have been enough to beat may. no amount of cement would have mattered. no amount of bs ''pressure''. no one fights everyone. margie was that guy who was left out.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        For me 3 things attributed to that:

Well, he beat Cotto into a bloody pulp when they fought in 2007 (pre wraps scandal), and of course, many fans that time believed that floyd is also ducking cotto, hence hyping that maybe Margarito can actually do more against him since he KOed Cotto.

The way he fights also backed it up, for fans he was like the bigger badder version of Castillo which Floyd had a hard time with. Throws like a thousand punches.

And also Floyd made it looked that way many times, when Margarito confronted Floyd for a fight he was obviously shooked, and didn't seem to know how to respond properly. (look the video up on youtube)

Floyd would've found a way to beat margarito even before the wraps scandal had they fought, but certainly it really appeared that he was scared. Done by margo, media and also him.
        news flash all he and castillo had in common was being mexican......castillo was far more skilled than Margarito....they fought nothing a like....castillo actually had defensive skills, could cut off the ring and had a wide array of punches and counters....he also could fight inside and outside...margo fought one way

Comment

• I think the concern was that Floyd would hurt his hands. Around that time it was an issue for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rr00676 View Post
            "So what?"

Lots of aggression/volume can land you decisions (including a lot of bad ones). I can certainly imagine 2 CJ Ross-like cards costing Floyd the match.

against Mayweather, lots of aggression/volume gets you countered into submission and caught with flush right hands

Margarito couldn't hit Mayweather with a handful of rice

Comment

• Margarito ??????

LMAO

you guys should run with Tszyu at 140

that is a much cooler story bro

Comment

• Margarito ??????

LMAO

you guys should run with Tszyu at 140

that is a much cooler story bro

seriously, how fkn desperate can you get ?

Margarito ?? LMAO

I know the timing wasn't quite right, and I know that Mayweather knocked out Tszyu's conqueror - Hatton..... but at least Tszyu was elite.....

..... Margaritoooooooo ????

you guys need to stick with the "good", Castillo beat Mayweather, story..... and with the "weak", Mayweather ducked Tszyu, story..... because the Margarito story is absurd

Comment

• It just goes to show how much people who claim to be boxing fans will go out of their way to defend someone who was a known cheat in a game where people put their health on the line. He was caught not only cheating but then he was making excuses for it and laughing at the fact that he had got caught cheating. He was a nobody. If you take into account his style and how good he was without knowing he was a man with plaster in his gloves then he's a decent fighter. Yet people let their blind hatred for Floyd cloud their judgement so much that they will do anything to see him lose. Like root for a man who was caught cheating. Both Baldomir and Antonio were the exact same type of boxer, yet they call the fight with him a stinker

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Margarito is one of the most basic fighters I ever seen get turned into a boogeyman because a great campaign from his promoter and looking good beating just decent competition

Margarito lost to every Elite fighter he stepped in the ring with....Cotto, Paul Williams, Mosley and Pacquaio...even lost to Daniel Santos smh and no name guys early in his career

How was he gonna beat some one that was better than them....Mayweather is without a doubt the best of his generation and back then, their was no one even messing with pretty boy Floyd from 2004-2007

Cotto boxed his ears off until the bricks and fatigue played their part...Mayweather is better than Cotto in almost every era...until the 6 round I don't remember Margo taking a round

Dude was a good fighter but the biggest hype job of my generation....they all look like boogeymen until they face elite guys....I hope GGG live up to the hype
                    My sentiments exactly.

Comment

• We didn't think he was a threat but Floyd did.

Comment

Working...
                      X