Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop hyping up Brook,he barely beat porter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People need to stop hating on Brook....

I'm a fat yank and give him his props... He worked his way up, struggled at times, but his struggles made him a better fighter and he has learned his craft.... The guy is a legit player at welter and clearly dominated Porter, who was sloppy and not as refined as Brook...

Brook's size n jab going to be a problem for anyone... Outside of floyd, Brook can beat anyone at welter...

If boxing was a legit sport, thurman-Brook would be a fight to determine #1 contender

Manny is over the hill and would get neutralized by brooks size and jab...

I would favor Brook over guys like khan, Bradley, marquez, etc....

Fighters can improve over time, happened with mike mccallum, hopkins, etc..

Anyone that thinks Brook is a hype job, doesn't know the sport... He is a very capable fighter at the moment..

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      That's because Mayweather's options seem to be Khan or Brook and the overwhelming majority want him to pick Brook just to stick it to Khan.
      ... Or that, just as was done with Brook, they look at Khan's last five fights, see that he's struggled in four out of the five, and wonder where this insistence that Khan is supposed to be a threat to Mayweather is coming from.

No one is saying that Brook is the favorite to beat Floyd, but Mayweather vs Brook is a fight that, in my mind at least, where the outcome is in doubt.

How does Mayweather handle a younger, bigger, boxer/puncher with pop in both hands, good balance on his feet, the ability to fight coming forward/going backward, and a sturdy chin? would really like to find out

There's no such doubt in Mayweather vs Khan; Khan will start with his flashy combos, Floyd will have his rhythm down by round to, and Khan will end up walking himself in on a check hook/pull counter, being recklessly aggressive as Mayweather nullifies his volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Dominated Gavin, Ion, Robles, and Senchenko, not losing a single round against the four and stopping all well within the distance. To that you can add that he decisively outboxed Porter (personally scored it 8-4, Brook).

Not sure why you're salty about it, but whatever.
        So you need to fight tomato cans to get a shot against mayweather/pacqaiuo?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Barely beat Porter where did this come from? Can anybody even remind me of one good clean shot Porter landed all night?
          Do you remember score of the fight?

Comment

Tomato cans? Nah...just Andre Berto or Mike Alvardo.
            Last edited by Chrismart; 06-08-2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I thought Brook thoroughly outclassed Porter. I didn't think the fight was even close.

Comment

The thread has sort of turned into a thread bashing Brits for hyping Brook.
                I don't see the Brook 'hype' that way. The majority of British posters always rated him and picked him to beat Alexander, then Porter.
                It was other posters/nationalties who hadn't seen much of him..who picked him to lose, then after he won, suddenly completely changed their views and started 'hyping' him.
                Their enthusiasm has wavered over the last view months..but it was them who started putting right up there on a pedestal overnight.

And besides that, he beat Porter pretty easily IMO. He didn't 'barely' beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by trixx12 View Post
                  Do you remember score of the fight?
                  Try watching the fight, instead of looking at the scores.

Comment

Hes not bad but khan has a better resume

Comment

Working...
                    X