No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Hearn Not Responding on Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Why would they need to "name drop" Golovkin? Froch is the cash cow at 168. He made more in one night against Groves than GGG has in his entire career.

Golovkin is the one who is desperate to get a fight with him because he wants to get paid more than a million dollars for once.
    He got paid $1.5 million against slick Willie.

Froch isn't obligated to fight Golovkin that much is true. But for those that criticise him about not having any big named elite fighters on his resume they should see this as more proof it's not from lack of effort. Can't fight the big names if the big names don't want to fight. Not much GGG can do here until someone finally accepts.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      He got paid $1.5 million against slick Willie.

Froch isn't obligated to fight Golovkin that much is true. But for those that criticise him about not having any big named elite fighters on his resume they should see this as more proof it's not from lack of effort. Can't fight the big names if the big names don't want to fight. Not much GGG can do here until someone finally accepts.
      It doesn't take a lot of effort to call out Carl Froch if you're in and around that weight class. It's like calling out Mayweather or Pacquaio if you're a welterweight. You're going to get paid handsomely.

Comment

DeGale got a better win and payday in one night than Golovkin has in his entire careeer

He's also a Super Middlweight champion and it will make more money than fighting Golovkin in the UK. No one knows who Golovkin is here.
        Who cares who made what? Not what I was saying at all. For lots of fans, and certainly plenty in the UK though DeGale would be huge there, GGG-Froch is the more appealing fight on paper. If he takes DeGale, there will be lots of boxing heads disappointed who would rather see GGG (true) and if Froch opts to retire no one should ***** because he earned the right to pick when he exits (also true).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
          let the suit and ties deal with the monetary **** bro....stop complaining about Ward's drawing power or inactivity....GGG fans should be screaming "WE WANT WARD" instead of the bs reasons as to why ya'll don't!!

Ward's inactivity doesn't erase his accomplishments....Ward is the MOST accomplished fighter GGG is linked to outside of maybe Cotto and Cotto is NOT a MW....so stop playing promoter and manger and stick to being a fan...as fan Ward vs GGG is mouth watering....two UNDEFEATED fighters who haven't taken any punishment or beatings their entire careers....as a fan of the SPORT, I say sign that sh't....make that fight happen in the next 6-8 months....GGG is NOT getting Nelo...he MIGHT get Cotto because Cotto is that type of dude...contrary to the label he's been given by GGG fans, Cotto fights EVERY f'cking body....look at his resume bro if you think I'm lying
          A Ward fight is a boring fight. I don't care who Ward fights, I have no interest in watching it. Put him in with GGG, Kovalev, Beterbiev, Stevenson, I don't care. It will be a head butting clinch fest and that is not enjoyable to watch. The only possibility for me to watch a Ward fight would be if it was not in Oakland where his handpicked ref and judges will allow him to bend and break the rules with impunity. Put the fight in a neutral location, with true neutral and effective officials who will enforce the rules and deduct points for butting and excessive holding, and I will consider it.

But I would take a Froch - GGG fight over a Ward - Anyone fight any day of the week. Even a DeGale or Groves against GGG fight. Anyone but boring Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Who cares who made what? Not what I was saying at all. For lots of fans, and certainly plenty in the UK though DeGale would be huge there, GGG-Froch is the more appealing fight on paper. If he takes DeGale, there will be lots of boxing heads disappointed who would rather see GGG (true) and if Froch opts to retire no one should ***** because he earned the right to pick when he exits (also true).
            Because if Froch gets offered more to fight DeGale in the UK then there's no reason he shouldn't take that fight instead.

Comment

Because if Froch gets offered more to fight DeGale in the UK then there's no reason he shouldn't take that fight instead.
              Sure. There's also no reason anyone who isn't making money off it shouldn't be disappointed they got a fight that is likely to be less entertaining (even if DeGale is a very legit foe). It would't be a good look to many because GGG is perceived as more dangerous at any weight than DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                kovalev took ggg's legacy fight bc ggg always said "no no no, miguel cotto" when they mentioned andre ward lol...ggg really robs us of 2 great fights..ward has stones he'd take on ggg at 168 and kovalev at 175...but thanks to the "he doesnt have to fight him he can barely sell tickets" fans...we'll get to see GGG ducking froch in order to fight toreano johnson...froch has no reason not to take this fight..he's fought huge punchers..hbo has a reason..they cant sell froch to us like they can sell GGG..and froch is a threat
                The reality of Ward's situation is that he's been sitting on a shelf for almost two years.

Comment

Froch is a *****/coward now? lol
                  If he is who aint! Guys a warrior who's fought a who's who of his division, often on the road no less. I would love to see the haters show half the stones Froch has in his career.

He's semi retired (a dangerous spot for a fighter!) and if he decides to fight again he's earned the right to decide who against, if u don't like it don't watch. Hopefully its GGG and in the UK so I can go, He is a serious test for Golovkin, bigger, more experienced as a pro and a battle tested badass. I think he'd prefer DeGale though which aint a Bad fight its just not GGG which would gaurentee fireworks! My pick is Golovkin btw, he's a monster puncher and I have zero doubts his power would carry up in weight and he's technically better with a chin of his own that looks Frochesque though hasn't been tested the same, though that could be the difference...GGG is fresh.

Comment

It doesn't take a lot of effort to call out Carl Froch if you're in and around that weight class. It's like calling out Mayweather or Pacquaio if you're a welterweight. You're going to get paid handsomely.
                    It doesn't matter what the payday would be for GGG it's saying that he is willing to fight big names but they haven't fought him yet for whatever reasons. If Froch retires, or finds a bigger fight for himself that's good for him, great career, like I said obviously no obligation to fight Golovkin who is in a weight class below him (although it's kinda weird you constantly say Golovkin and his team avoid 154 pound Lara but that's another story).

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      Froch is a *****/coward now? lol
                      If he is who aint! Guys a warrior who's fought a who's who of his division, often on the road no less. I would love to see the haters show half the stones Froch has in his career.
                      No one believes that, just people trolling. Froch has proven himself and then some.

Comment

Working...
                      X