No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, Kell Brook would put a beating on Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    And the rest of the division apart from Floyd.

Kell has really matured into a world class fighter, I don't think Manny today could deal with his speed and power.

Thoughts?
    Why the hell do you guys post threads on this site stating that "I think we can all agree." The posters on this site can't agree on a damn thing. The lame ass people on this site won't even agree that sh.t stinks! If someone wrote a post with that title, at least 50 people would make some stupid ass comment like, "Floyd Mayweather's sh.t stinks, but not Manny Pacquaio's."

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      It's over for Pac - no shame in it

Someone like Kell Brook, who may never be a great fighter is big, strong, quick handed and most importantly hungry. Pac just isn't the same anymore - if he couldn't get up and do what he needed to be at his best against someone like Mayweather, I fear if he were to fight a young hungry fighter like Brook would end in disaster.
      He fought Floyd with an injured arm, dude. I doubt by some strange coincidence, he's going to enter the fight with Brook with that same injury again.

I don't want to see Pac ever gone out like that, but it'll happen. Brook is no Algieri man. He had his last final payday against Mayweather and proved to be too small, too old and too comfortable with his life- it's over man.
      Yet still managed to beat Floyd with one arm.

Let him go out there with two arms next time before claiming that "it's over".

Comment

Ha!

Based on what exactly? There is no way you can come to this conclusion based on anything logical, it is a wild stab in the dark to be honest. Kell could turn out to be a great fighter, but he'll never be what you think he is and I will tell you why. Boxing is ultimately about speed, and I am not talking about speed of hand, I am talking about general all round speed (hand, foot, reflexes, and most important mind). When you are not exceptionally fast or even possess very good speed (I think Kell only has solid speed) you must have other intangibles which make you effective. Kell has very good timing, but he doesn't have many of the other attributes that you would associate with a fighter who lacks speed but makes it to the top of the sport. At the top of that list would be amazing stamina, toughness, and chin. From what I have seen of Kell I wouldn't say he stands out in any of those departments.

I am also always amazed that "so called" hardcore fans fail to realise just how far some of these guys are away from Pacquiao and Mayweather even at this stage. That is another level completely, Tim Bradley for me has generally been the 3rd best fighter in and around welterweight and I still think he beats most of these guys, yet he got mostly out classed by Manny. The only way Brook beats Pacquiao is by a lucky shot.

As far as Brook's career goes if it is Rios next then that will be a solid (but unspectacular) step up from his last two fights, and his first step back into world level since Porter. To be honest from what I have seen from Brook, I would have Rios as a live dog in that fight and people should not just dismiss his chances, Kell can be outworked and is vulnerable on the inside as he showed against Carson Jones and Porter, and Rios is smoother and better on the inside then both those guys, plus he has a great chin.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          It's over for Pac - no shame in it

Someone like Kell Brook, who may never be a great fighter is big, strong, quick handed and most importantly hungry. Pac just isn't the same anymore - if he couldn't get up and do what he needed to be at his best against someone like Mayweather, I fear if he were to fight a young hungry fighter like Brook would end in disaster.

All the greats, if they stay too long end up being retired against their will. I feel that Pac/Brook ends up like DLH/Pac.

I don't want to see Pac ever gone out like that, but it'll happen. Brook is no Algieri man. He had his last final payday against Mayweather and proved to be too small, too old and too comfortable with his life - it's over man. Don't go out and be a stepping stone for someone like Brook who prime for prime would get massacred.

Retire Pac - don't have any of your peasant minions who read these threads give you the bright idea to get in the ring anymore
          manny became famous under those circumstances. He capitalized on it. That would be the perfect way for him to give back to the boxing world

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            manny became famous under those circumstances. He capitalized on it. That would be the perfect way for him to give back to the boxing world
            It's the circle of boxing life

DLH entered a new stratosphere beating down Chavez Sr - who gave it to Pac - I hope Pac and Mayweather give someone worthy the opportunity for someone else to be that next level star. We all thought Canelo was it, but he wasn't ready

Comment

Brook doesn't possess the right hand needed to keep pacquiao away. He probably gets stopped or at least dropped a couple times

Comment

brook is a welterweight ggg, floyd will pretend he doesn't exist robbing brook of his rightful place as champion

Comment

Totally disagree, I saw Gavin landing straight lefts a little too easy, I didn't like that.

Comment

Can't wait until someone exposes this hypejob bad.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      I disagree,Manny would batter Brook and anyone else at ww not named Mayweather
                      I think Manny is 4-5th in the welterweight pecking order at the moment. Brook, Thurman definitely beat him. Floyd already beat him.

His decline has been quite obvious IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X