No announcement yet.

was disappointed with kevin johnston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was disappointed with kevin johnston

after all the hype and his talk. Can't even last a round with big AJ, yea i know he made it to the 2nd but that was just marginal.

i just thought his defence would be better than that as obviously you can't let big josh hit ya.

is AJ just too good that he can get you even if you hide behind a brick wall???

Originally posted by kevin-novice View Post
    after all the hype and his talk. Can't even last a round with big AJ, yea i know he made it to the 2nd but that was just marginal.

i just thought his defence would be better than that as obviously you can't let big josh hit ya.

is AJ just too good that he can get you even if you hide behind a brick wall???
    Mickey Rourkes opponent tried harder than Johnson.

Comment

Yeah, he threw the fight.

he was supposed to go down in the 2nd but he screwed it up and got clocked in the 1st.

the ref had to help him get into the second.

he can't even fix a fight correctly.

probably made good money for that 4 minutes or so.

Comment

Joshua did well but Johnson has definitely faded since he fought Vitali - he's not as defensively sound as he once was, the reflexes and the speed have deteriorated. But he wasn't completely over the hill so Joshua still performed above expectations to stop him in that fashion. Overall a good performance but there are much tougher fights than a faded Kevin Johnson on the horizon.

Comment

I can feel your heart baby *cringe*

The warning signs were there that this was going to be easy when Johnson lost to Chisora.

Comment

From Peter Fury, who trained Johnson for the fight.

***8220;He used our facilities and we gave him our advice, but that***8217;s one thing. It***8217;s another thing entirely for someone to employ that advice,***8221; he said.

***8220;When he was in our facility, I didn***8217;t see any desire. He***8217;s just in it for the money and he has gone downhill quite a lot recently.

***8220;Johnson was a great fighter and has seen some great years, but he***8217;s over the hill now, there***8217;s no desire there.***8221;
            http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/excl...for-the-money/

Comment

everyone knew he just showed up to get paid.

Comment

Isn't the tread starter Kevin kingpin Johnson himself? I swear he posted on here a few years ago after the vitali fight.

Comment

Quick last paycheck. He retired the next day. He brought absolutely nothing to the "fight". He threw a few weak jabs then turtled up for the beating. He was either taking a dive or hadn't trained at all..

Comment

I thought he did a fantastic job myself. Hell of a show.

Comment

Working...
                    X