Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquaio days as an elite WW are over based off losses, choice of opp and new faces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
    If Manny comes back healthy, he should come back and fight Provodnikov(it aint like Roach really trains him anymore anyway), Mattyssee or Garcia.....he should come back at 140 and fight one of the top guys their after a tune up.....he is better suited for that weight, where his power will be more potent and he may actually be a lil lighter on his feet without having to build up to welterweight
    Are you crazy? those guys would destroy Pac at this stage.

I think the best most marketable fight is Paulie Malignaggi vs Pacquiao, at least we will see someone finally talk trash to Pac face, and play the bad guy on 24/7.

It would actually be a good tune up for Pac, and get the drama queens amped off the hype.

Comment

Think maidana, brook, and Thurman all either best and maybe stop pac late

Comment

In my book he beat top WW, Floyd, with one good arm. But now surgery and off for a year at 38 yrs old, he's done.

Comment

Pacquiao doesn't have many dimensions so from this point on, things aren't gonna look too good for him.

Comment

PAC lost to Floyd and not by brutal fashion. Floyd does enough to win and that's what he did.. Pac spanks any other WW out there but IMO he should retire..

5 years we've waited and that's the performance you give us. Roach and Team didn't look at film and have a plan for Floyds clinching cause he did do that in the Maidana fight.

To top it off, Pac stands in range of Floyds jab all night like long, like really get out the way, come in with a jab, pressure Floyd..

5 years for that performance. I'm still disgusted.. Hang em up Pac. You let your fans down..

Comment

Simple answer no

He has the tools but arum won't let him fight we outside of his shallow stable and once PAC gets the chance to he won't be hungry enough to dig deep in a fight he can't cruise in like Rios or algieri

Will can't beat skill and will was his best asset...it's fading faster than his abilities

Comment

I voted no his days as a big star are certainly not over. Right after his loss to Mayweather he is still the guy welterweights want to fight the most next to Mayweather because they know there is real big money in fighting Pacquiao. Boxing doesn't forget a superstar from one reasonably close 116-112 loss to Mayweather who beats everybody. Cotto lost to Mayweather by a wider point spread than Pacquiao and he is bigger than ever with a 50 million three fight deal. I think Pacquiao could probably make 20 million fighting Brook, Thurman, Garcia or Khan and he would probably beat them all.

Comment

He wrecks anyone else in the division right now.

Comment

Even though pac is way past his prime/shot he still beats a lot of these younger fighters. I predict Manny will either comeback and fight brook or Terence Crawford at 140. Both are good fights that can easily be made since neither are with haymon. And pac has been fighting undefeated top ten ranked champions lately.

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
                      im not so sure anymore...it would be nice to see him fight a welterweight not named Bradley or Marquez.....Manny isn't the dynamo he once was and is using his boxing skills....Thurman, Khan, Maidana, and Brook have a far better chance beating Manny than they do Mayweather

I think its time yall break the link between Mayweather and Manny, they are not synonymous like Ali-Frazier, or Hearns-Leonard.....those are rivalries and close fights....Mayweather won 8 or more rounds on Manny like he does everyone else....Maidana gave him a better fight than Manny.

Like you said, their are levels to this....Manny is not on Mayweathers level....their fight showed that, as well as their level of competition the past few years....for all the complaints about Mayweathers opponents, all his opponents in his comeback have been either hall of famers(Cotto, Manny, JMM, and Mosley) or world title holders(Ortiz, Canelo, Maidana, Guerrero)

Manny has fought Bradley, Rios, JMM, and Algieri since 2012 and these guys did absolutely nothing at the weight at the time he fought them.

I'd rather see many fight them than automatically assume he would beat them
                      You trying to turn this into Mayweather vs Pacquiao and that is not what I'm talking about at all I'm beyond that. They fought and Mayweather won now MOVING ON!

It takes YEARS to get to that level, I get it fans are excited about the future and want to see these young guys take over but they actually have to go out and DO IT and take the Crown from Pacquiao and Mayweather that is easier said than do.

For Example...Brandon Rios and Chris Algeiri was EASY for Pacquiao, VERY EASY! The biggest criticism people had for Pacquiao in those fights was "He did not stop them?" OK well Algeiri and Rios haven't been stopped by ANYBODY!

As for the Link of Mayweather and Pacquiao, again their is no Link Mayweather is above, I'm certainly not debating that but lets not make Pacquiao beatable all of a Sudden because 2 Hall Of Famers and all time Greats Mayweather and one of the greatest Mexican Fighters EVER JMM beat him. The rest of boxing has to work to get to that level and that takes YEARS that is not going to happen overnight.

Somebody other than Mayweather and JMM is going to have to SHOW ME that they can beat Pacquiao because I honest don't see it right now. I give Kell Brook and Keith Thurman and Shot vs Pacquiao, absolutely but it is no Guarantee or a Lock that either can. Pacquiao still has his speed and that left hand is the REAL DEAL

I think Pacquiao has the dumbest fan boxing has ever seen but I'm always fair and honest and I respect that man as one of the best in his ERA, regardless if he is Second Best to Mayweather he will go done as one of the best in his ERA Period.

I'm not going to just reward Kell Brook or Keith Thurman or Amir Khan anything, they're going to have to SHOW AND PROVE just like Mayweather, Pacquiao, JMM and Cotto Shown and Proved over the years.

It is no shortcuts in boxing and the ones who try to take them eventually get EXPOSED like Canelo did vs Mayweather and Broner did vs Maidana. Your Promoters can only pretend you're the next big thing for so long until you have to go out and try to PROVE IT in a Big Match!

If you match Pacquiao vs any of those other Welterweights not named Mayweather right now...Give Me Pacquiao by TKO or UD ALL DAY!

Comment

Working...
                      X