Stiverne resigns with Dong King

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's gotta be ****ing stupid....

Comment

I remember the rumors back in the Wilder fight and Stiverne told Don that he'd never leave him and shook his hand.

And he kept his word, because he resigned with DONG not Don.

Comment

Why would anyone sign with don King.... You will only fight like once a year, if that and will have numerous delays and cancellations as King will win purse bids but won't be able to afford it and it will get pushed back, etc

Stiverne-Joshua is a very intriguing fight

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Why would anyone sign with don King.... You will only fight like once a year, if that and will have numerous delays and cancellations as King will win purse bids but won't be able to afford it and it will get pushed back, etc

Stiverne-Joshua is a very intriguing fight
          Imam was supposed to be his last guy, and He made such a big deal about it last year.

Also I think it's good for both guys.

Stiverne won't get a bigger fight, IMO, and Joshua could use a comparison fight to Wilder and go rounds. He's a step higher than his recent opposition, but we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Imam was supposed to be his last guy, and He made such a big deal about it last year.

Also I think it's good for both guys.

Stiverne won't get a bigger fight, IMO, and Joshua could use a comparison fight to Wilder and go rounds. He's a step higher than his recent opposition, but we'll see
            King could die before his contract expires. He is 84??? He also has been in poor health lately, it will be interesting to see what happens to DK productions if his health really declines.

Comment

I bet Eddie Hearn snaps him up for the Fury and Joshua fights at least. A 2 fight contract & 1 million guarantee per fight will seal the deal for the former world champ. He didn't even make $1 million for the Wilder fight apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
                King could die before his contract expires. He is 84??? He also has been in poor health lately, it will be interesting to see what happens to DK productions if his health really declines.
                I don't think it'll die with him, they signed with the company. So they'll either still be run by them or be sold off like Ward

Comment

Working...
                X