No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Anthony Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Anthony Joshua?

Initial thoughts on the 'prospect'? Is he really just a hype train or can he become one of the best fighters P4P?

I believe he has all the physical attributes to go far as well as the work ethic, interested to see how he will perform against top opponents

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post
    Initial thoughts on the 'prospect'? Is he really just a hype train or can he become one of the best fighters P4P?

I believe he has all the physical attributes to go far as well as the work ethic, interested to see how he will perform against top opponents
    waiting for his fight vs johnson... very interesting if he stops him imo.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      waiting for his fight vs johnson... very interesting if he stops him imo.
      Do you think it's impressive if he stops him or is it something you expect Joshua to do?

Comment

Vitali couldn't stop Johnson, so yeah, it would be impressive.

Comment

He is a physical specimen and seems to be well schooled, I don't know that he has the punching power power that his physique would indicate but I am sure he can punch a bit and he puts his punches together well for a heavy. As said above Johnson should be a solid test of his power capabilities.

I am not that enamored with his defense but someone with that size and reach will normally just create problems in touching them without even working a lick on defense.

He does seem to be getting a bit bulky in a body builder type of way and normally that hurts in stamina and makes throwing super straight difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            He is a physical specimen and seems to be well schooled, I don't know that he has the punching power power that his physique would indicate but I am sure he can punch a bit and he puts his punches together well for a heavy. As said above Johnson should be a solid test of his power capabilities.

I am not that enamored with his defense but someone with that size and reach will normally just create problems in touching them without even working a lick on defense.

He does seem to be getting a bit bulky in a body builder type of way and normally that hurts in stamina and makes throwing super straight difficult.
            Agree with this, I think he needs to do less weight training and concentrate on developing more fluid punching.

His main issue is that his trainer isn't world class, at some stage he's going to have a ropey performance and realize he needs a better trainer.

Comment

He needs to slim down, he won't be a 12 rnd fighter with all this muscle mass. And he will be quicker too.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                Vitali couldn't stop Johnson, so yeah, it would be impressive.
                Dam! Joshua is stepping up his opposition

Comment

If he can stop Johnson and somehow does it early then we have something serious in the HW division. I mean even a late stoppage would be something to give him big credit for.

Comment

I've yet to see his penis, so I can't comment.

Comment

Working...
                    X