Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Anthony Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great physical gifts, probably the best physical gifts at HW. Some stuff I don't like that will hopefully come from training. Moves in straight lines, flicks the jab out only when he has something after it doesn't use the jab the way a Heavyweight really should or in his case could with his size. Correctable problems.

I think Wilder is also pretty terrible though.

Comment

Very good so far but i wouldn't expect him to struggle with his opponents.

Johnson is a good test for some rounds but i want to see him fight someone his own size with power like David Price for example. If he can look good against someone like that then i would be totally sold.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
        I've yet to see his penis, so I can't comment.
        Look at the guy. It's fairly obvious he's packing a fantastic beef whistle.

Comment

Without a doubt possibly the biggest talent coming out of England since Lewis. The man is a monster and will be looking forward to his reign at heavyweight.

The talent I have seen, has impressed me a hell of a lot and his power is up there with Wilder/Klitchko but in both hands. If he does get to fight either, money goes on Joshua!

Comment

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post
            Do you think it's impressive if he stops him or is it something you expect Joshua to do?
            impressive if he stops him. Johnson is built like a tank and can take tremendous shots.

Comment

he's one of the better prospects in boxing, particularly when you compare him to other HW who are coming up.

he should be moved slowly, the way you move any HW with potential. a big man's prime, unless he uses his feet like ali, is in his late 20's and thirties, when he has the chin and power.

Comment

Future champion. Would smash Wilder the chinless piece of sht to bits tomorrow if they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Great physical gifts, probably the best physical gifts at HW. Some stuff I don't like that will hopefully come from training. Moves in straight lines, flicks the jab out only when he has something after it doesn't use the jab the way a Heavyweight really should or in his case could with his size. Correctable problems.

Can you elaborate on this? In my opinion he uses the jab exactly the way it's supposed to be used for a heavyweight. Long and strong - coming from mid-range. He doesn't flick it, he really snaps his opponents head back. A real weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post

Beat me to it.

His jab isn't all that, yet. Neither is his guard - but that doesn't seem to matter at the moment, because he's taking the centre of the ring immediately, backing up his opponent and unloading.

I'd like to see Joshua in against someone who will try and back him up. He's been reasonably well matched so far. The Johnson fight this weekend, though, is pointless. The guy's punch output is abysmal.
                    Last edited by yoz; 05-28-2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Can you elaborate on this? In my opinion he uses the jab exactly the way it's supposed to be used for a heavyweight. Long and strong - coming from mid-range. He doesn't flick it, he really snaps his opponents head back. A real weapon.
                      I agree, i think it's one of his attributes you can clearly see he has improved upon throughout the start of his career. Especially his last two fights his jab has been thudding.

Comment

Working...
                      X