Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why boxing is inferior in street fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait... did those two actually tried punching Seagal?

Comment

Who the fuck cares? I don't follow this sport because I think here are the best street fighters. I follow it because I like watching the sport and I like the different styles.
      But if you made this thread to convince the braindeads who only can appreciate fighters who haven't got defence and just attack in a straight line and if someone uses lateral movement or footwork then he's runner then I hope you will achieve it.

Comment

I can only speak from my own experiences as a bartender on Water St. in Milwaukee back in my college days, but going for a takedown of any kind in a bar brawl is usually a terrible idea. I saw so many HS wrestler/MMA wannabe tough guy types go for a takedown only for the other guy to sprawl and bash them in the face or in the back of the head. The first good punch almost always wins a street fight, and more often than not it was that punch after a failed takedown. That's not to say I didn't see wrestlers or guys from Roufusport tear guys apart, just that going for a takedown in a bar brawl had a pretty low success rate imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post

Boxing cant do anything when you have a master like Steven Seagal using aikido skills on you. That's reality.
          Theres a better vid in his younger years overseas he goes full contact unrehearsed...my sensai trained under one of his students ,he got his black belt in Aikido from him in the 80's.Aikido is a form of small circle jui jitsu and judo combined .Seagal is one of the few legit popular martial artist he is into joint manipulations and bone breaks ,however never under estimate anyone with legit skill who can punch, their wrists with a better balance of punching wont be so easy to catch and control .Seagal against a Spinks he wins against a Tyson he losses against a boxer in between them he has difficulties but will win half of them.Its not the art its the fighter that counts ,Seagal certainly wrote the book on Aikido he learned the art from a shaoling monk and his sessions included dozens of guys attacking him at once until he got the techniques down to perfection ,not an easy thing to do which is why he dedicated his life to it .I dabble in small circle jui jitsu i can tell anyone these techniques when applied properly are devastatinly painful .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-27-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

When martial arts legend Mas Oyama was asked....

"What's the most important skill for self defense in the streets?'

The founder of the Kyokushin school of Karate answered...

"Running!"

He demonstrated his point after having just killed a bull with one punch. Immediately after the animal cruelty, Oyama ordered his assistants to get him a horse. He then proceeded to outrun the horse.

The Floyd Mayweather "boxing" style of RUNNING works very well in self defense for the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
              Actually, boxing translates very well to street fighting. MMA fans disagree, but the last place you want to end up in a street fight or a bar fight is on the ground. Boxers have the ability to actually land punches and do damage. Dirty boxing/grappling is also useful.
              No, most MMA fans/practitioners I know don't disagree. Having a good punch and knowing how to avoid punches is a great skill to have in a street fight.

As to the ground, you've been fooled into believing that's all MMA guys do in fights. It's bunk. MMA guys know the dangers of grappling in street fights. But let me ask you this; if the fight does happen to go to the ground for whatever reason, wouldn't you want to have some experience in grappling instead of being a complete newbie on the ground?

Comment

Just as dumb as your last thread.

Comment

Why MMA is inferior to boxing.

MMATards like you must continually post on a boxing forum about MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    No, most MMA fans/practitioners I know don't disagree. Having a good punch and knowing how to avoid punches is a great skill to have in a street fight.

As to the ground, you've been fooled into believing that's all MMA guys do in fights. It's bunk. MMA guys know the dangers of grappling in street fights. But let me ask you this; if the fight does happen to go to the ground for whatever reason, wouldn't you want to have some experience in grappling instead of being a complete newbie on the ground?
                    Knowing grappling also is knowing how to avoid going to the ground ,ive studied shoot fighting since the late 80's before the UFC and had told everyone this is the art to know ,grappling ,jointlocks ,kick boxing ,boxing basically an all around arsenal that MMA elite has had to evolve into .Shamrock was the first to utilise the true hybrid fighting system in UFC to see its effectiveness one should watch him fight Pat Smith a pure kick boxing champ and almost snap his ankle within seconds of applying a leg lock add in eye rakes ,thoat strikes for self defense its a very formidable art that is over shadowed by pure jui jitsu which ive been doing a few years now.
                    Bart Vale the first shoot fighting american champ in his book explains the dangers of going to the ground in a street fight but once there you want to know whats going on.One should know boxing ,no exceptions in a street fight as thats what will be thrown at you are punches similar to boxing,or wild hay makers one should know that form of striking if at least knowing how to counter it.
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-27-2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

lmao what a lode of choreographed ****.

Feel sorry for anyone who wastes any amount of time learning this jazz...especially if it's for self defence.
                      Last edited by miniq; 05-27-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X