No announcement yet.

SMS Promotions Files Bankruptcy To Get Defamation (Sex Tape) Trial Moved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMS Promotions Files Bankruptcy To Get Defamation (Sex Tape) Trial Moved

Rapper 50 Cent And His Lawyers Incurred The Wrath Of A New York Judge On Tuesday (26may15) After Failing To Show Up In A New York Court To Begin Jury Selection As Part Of A Defamation Trial.

The In Da Club star is being sued by Lastonia Leviston, who shares a son with rival rapper Rick Ross, amid allegations 50 Cent is responsible for leaking her sex tape with her then-boyfriend Maurice Murray in 2009.

50 Cent had apparently edited the video in an attempt to embarrass Ross, blurring Murray's face and inserting an image of himself into the footage, while Leviston's features remained visible.

The case is due to go to trial and jury selection was expected to get underway on Tuesday.

However, 50's lawyers instead filed papers to have the lawsuit moved just 10 minutes before the process was due to start, citing a bankruptcy petition he had filed for his boxing company, SMS Promotions, in a federal court in Connecticut this week.

They alerted Leviston's legal team to the change via email, claiming bankruptcy law protects their client from being sued while he is facing financial difficulty, since he is the primary owner of SMS Promotions.

They are seeking the case be moved from state court to federal jurisdiction, but Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Paul Wooten chastised them in a conference call later on Tuesday and insisted that as the notice had not been properly served, he was staying in charge of the case, reports the New York Daily News.

Leviston's lawyers moved for a default judgement, but Wooten deferred the ruling.

50 Cent had previously lost his bid to have the defamation suit dismissed and has since decided to take Ross to court, blaming him for allegedly posting the intimate footage of his ex online first.

http://hub.contactmusic.com/50-cent/...filing_4747532
    Last edited by FrankieBruno; 05-26-2015, 11:20 PM. Reason: Spell mistakee

Looooooooooolllllllll

Comment

Who's losing more right now..

TOP Rank or Sms Audio?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post

The In Da Club star is being sued by Lastonia Leviston, who shares a son with rival rapper Rick Ross, amid allegations 50 Cent is responsible for leaking her sex tape with her then-boyfriend Maurice Murray in 2009.

50 Cent had apparently edited the video in an attempt to embarrass Ross, blurring Murray's face and inserting an image of himself into the footage, while Leviston's features remained visible.

http://hub.contactmusic.com/50-cent/...filing_4747532
        The editing is pretty funny, but 50 seems like a real bitter loser for some of the stuff he pulls. Someone that rich shouldn't be this lame. Trash.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          The editing is pretty funny, but 50 seems like a real bitter loser for some of the stuff he pulls. Someone that rich shouldn't be this lame. Trash.
          I'm reading the 50th law. The guy hasn't changed much except for his bank account lol

Comment

I'm sorry but...

Comment

lol...........

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                I'm reading the 50th law. The guy hasn't changed much except for his bank account lol
                It's pretty sad how petty he is. Must be miserable. That book sounds ridiculous, most guys I know who read the original are in the can.

Comment

I'm sticking with SMS gone bankrupt because all their fighters got beat in the last two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Ditch the "50th Law" and read "48 Laws of Power " Instead by Robert Green. There's so much more historical content that backs up each of the laws.

Trust me, you'll enjoy this read.

Comment

Working...
                    X