Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets be brutally honest here, Andre Dirrell is Superior tp James Degale at boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one glaring flaw from degale that I saw was his conditioning. There were 3 to 4 rounds he literally didn't do anything. I'm happy he still won however.

Comment

Neither one of them really impressed me. DeGale showed a lack of heart by not being able to finish Dirrell off when he had the chance and by allowing him to get back in the fight. Dirrell faded badly in the last two rounds which cost him the fight. Neither gave me the impression that they could beat a real top quality opponent.

Comment

DeGale' should fight Arthur Abraham next in Germany , Don't worry about a robbery DeGale is going to KO Abraham for the win here

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          Neither one of them really impressed me. DeGale showed a lack of heart by not being able to finish Dirrell off when he had the chance and by allowing him to get back in the fight. Dirrell faded badly in the last two rounds which cost him the fight. Neither gave me the impression that they could beat a real top quality opponent.
          What the hell does that have to do with "heart"?

He didn't want to just charge in like a reckless buffoon against a top quality fighter who recovered well after the knockdown

DeGale just beat a real top quality opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            What the hell does that have to do with "heart"?

He didn't want to just charge in like a reckless buffoon against a top quality fighter who recovered well after the knockdown

DeGale just beat a real top quality opponent.

true, this is a fantastic win for Degale. Dirrell is very very good.

Comment

Dirrell is well past prime. Degale was alot more skilled than him, and I felt he could do whatever he wanted when he applied himself. I didn't understand why he started to do nothing, perhaps he's got some mental issues on his stamina like Jean Pascal does, or he was being overly cautious having earned himself a big lead.

Comment

You have to factor everything in. Degale had the power to bother Dirrell, and did it often. You can take away the KOs, and Dirrell couldn't get going for more than a couple rounds at a time. He wanted to go for the kill but Degale would clock him and Dirrell would back up.

I would say if you factor EVERYTHING in, they're pretty evenly matched.

Round 11, and 12 would prove my points.

If Dirrell wins those two rounds he might have won the fight but he COULDNT. He couldn't press the action because Degale would have ****n rocked him again.
                Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 05-24-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

What a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    If it wasn't for that second round Dirrell wins the fight.

But he made a fundamental mistake by pulling straight back and Degale was boxer enough to spot the error and to make him pay for it.
                    this was how i saw it too tbh.

i think degale has either/both stamina and concentration problems.

he didnt do enough to either justify or worry Froch into fighting him!

Comment

I disagree, the rounds that Dirrel looked good in were because DeGale was doing absolutely nothing. If anything DeGale was schooling Dirrel, when both fought DeGale would get the better of the exchanges,you need only look at the last two rounds for proof. I am not impressed by flashiness, Dirrel didn't land cleanly very often, he would hit DeGale's gloves most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X