No announcement yet.

Povetkin Demolishes Perez in 1.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    Perez has had more than a "rough patch". One of his opponents fell into coma and now he has been knocked out in 1 round. There's a clear pattern.
    Since the Magomed fight, Perez has faced 3 top ten opponents in Takam, Jennings and Povetkin. They were all big fights and probably good $$$, so he took them. He probably needs to go back to fighting mid level opponents to perfect his craft and get his groove back. Retirement talk, I think, is too early

Comment

Perez should go back to Cuba, make cruiserweight, and escape again. If he can time it right he should come in under 220 for a Povetkin rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        Oh come off it.. Let's not get historical but just quickly if Ali could not handle ****ing Frazier, how the heel is he gonna handle Perez? He never fought any opponent on the same radar as Perez, let alone survived one! Let alone beat one!

He fought Jennings, Povetkin and Takam ffs... These are TOP fighters of some of the hardest specimens ever to enter a boxing ring. As if losses and struggles to guys like this detract from ANY way Perez's qualities...

You back a hopeful, he gets schooled, you turn your back on him!

It's disgusting!

Great win over a great opponent. THAT'S what happened here!

You want to credit your favorites from past (like Ali) and present (like Wilder) with wins over nothing but absolute bums! But you then want to go on to rubbish something like this?

Bias.. Irony.. are some of the words that come to mind..

But mostly just pathetic... ABSOULTELY pathetic! LOL
        Who are you arguing with? I don't believe I ever backed Perez over Povetkin nor have I ever backed Deontay Wilder. In fact, if you read my post history, you can clearly see that I've called Wilder an overrated bum since day one and thought Perez was going to lose to Povetkin.

Ali throughout most of his career fought and beat better, more proven fighters than Perez. Frazier would've eaten up Perez since he was actually fighting at the weight he should be fighting, with the conditioning to go 15 rounds while throwing a record amount of punches for a heavyweight. Not 240 pounds of excess bulk like Perez.

Look up Frazier vs Buster Mathis if you don't believe me.

Perez's best wins are over guys like Tye Fields and Travis Walker, the well-known jokes of the boxing circuit. You can only be great if you consistently beat quality opponents, something Perez never did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cut Man View Post
          Posting to eat some crow on my prediction that Perez would make this a fight.
          He was destroyed. He's not a top HW. His career at this level is over
          I must admit that I thought it'd go nine and Perez would tire out but Povetkin has been Ivan Drago-esque as of late. He looks heavy handed as ****.

Comment

Does anyone think the ref waived off the fight prematurely? After the second knockdown, it looked like the ref automatically waived the fight? Is this what happened? Why didn't he give Perez the count?

Comment

Who are you arguing with? I don't believe I ever backed Perez over Povetkin nor have I ever backed Deontay Wilder. In fact, if you read my post history, you can clearly see that I've called Wilder an overrated bum since day one and thought Perez was going to lose to Povetkin.

Ali throughout most of his career fought and beat better, more proven fighters than Perez. Frazier would've eaten up Perez since he was actually fighting at the weight he should be fighting, with the conditioning to go 15 rounds while throwing a record amount of punches for a heavyweight. Not 240 pounds of excess bulk like Perez.

Perez's best wins are over guys like Tye Fields and Travis Walker, the well-known jokes of the boxing circuit. You can only be great if you consistently beat quality opponents, something Perez never did.
              I agree with this fella, Frazier had a deadly left hook and the lack of workrate/clean work would get him his head taken off by one of those left hooks. Frazier was small but people seem to forget that although he was very robotic and repetetive, not many could survive that onslought. Especially a small heavyweight like Perez close to his size.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Since the Magomed fight, Perez has faced 3 top ten opponents in Takam, Jennings and Povetkin. They were all big fights and probably good $$$, so he took them. He probably needs to go back to fighting mid level opponents to perfect his craft and get his groove back. Retirement talk, I think, is too early
                I just generally think that the Abdusalamov fight took the fire out of him. He went to war that night, and it ended in a bad way.

Seen it happen before when a boxer seriously hurts their opponent. Their head just isn't in the right place anymore, and once that happens, you have no business being in a boxing ring.

Comment

I just generally think that the Abdusalamov fight took the fire out of him. He went to war that night, and it ended in a bad way.

Seen it happen before when a boxer seriously hurts their opponent. Their head just isn't in the right place anymore, and once that happens, you have no business being in a boxing ring.
                  No, you're right, Perez did not seem like he had his head in it all. He was ill prepared and he looked too lackadaisical and comfortable before the KO

Comment

This was my bad, I assumed you were an American because most guys with nutbag opinions usually are.

This bit was utterly unbelievable, Perez has a resume approximately 10x better than Ali's, hardly any of Ali's so called "wins" are of any relevance whatever to the now HW division.

Frazier would have been knocked out in a single punch by Perez and could never have hurt him under any circumstances, besides that the gap in skills is so great, Joe could never land a punch anyway!

Perez is a mountain of muscle at 240! Frazier was a pot bellied cream puff at 210! WTF!

Mathis was a rolling fat ass! Nice one troll!

Yeah I see what you mean.. Tye Field's and Walker could never hold a candle to such luminaries as Ali and Frazier!

As if Joe Frazier would even be able to reach Field's abdomen!

Seeing those 2 guys in the ring at once would make it immediately clear where the joke lies!

Anyway I don't care much for these comparisons here on NSB, I'm sorry to have brought it up.

My main point is degrading Povetkins win by bummifying his opponents.

It's happened to Wlad, and now it's happening to Povetkin too!

Povetkin just smashed an opponent who in turn would have wasted virtually every one of your historical favourites..

That is a fact!

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                      This was my bad, I assumed you were an American because most guys with nutbag opinions usually are.

This bit was utterly unbelievable, Perez has a resume approximately 10x better than Ali's, hardly any of Ali's so called "wins" are of any relevance whatever to the now HW division.

Frazier would have been knocked out in a single punch by Perez and could never have hurt him under any circumstances, besides that the gap in skills is so great, Joe could never land a punch anyway!

Perez is a mountain of muscle at 240! Frazier was a pot bellied cream puff at 210! WTF!

Mathis was a rolling fat ass! Nice one troll!

Yeah I see what you mean.. Tye Field's and Walker could never hold a candle to such luminaries as Ali and Frazier!

As if Joe Frazier would even be able to reach Field's abdomen!

Seeing those 2 guys in the ring at once would make it immediately clear where the joke lies!

Anyway I don't care much for these comparisons here on NSB, I'm sorry to have brought it up.

My main point is degrading Povetkins win by bummifying his opponents.

It's happened to Wlad, and now it's happening to Povetkin too!

Povetkin just smashed an opponent who in turn would have wasted virtually every one of your historical favourites..

That is a fact!
                      You need to come up with better stuff than this to bring me out of semi-retirement. I've gone through the "LOL all old fighters sucked" argument one too many times to get interested.

"Mountain of muscle:"

"Potbelly"

Come on dude.
                      Last edited by TheGreatA; 05-22-2015, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X