Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hypocrisy that involves the GGG-Ward-Kovalev triangle!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
    Yea, obviously Ward Kova makes far more sense than GGG Ward, as Ward is fighting at 172.

And most importantly, Ward is essentially a bum right now. No one gives a shlt about him. He has no fans, and HBO refuses to even show his fights now. So Ward is the one that needs to chase and get on his knees for a Kova fight.

Only the Africans are saying for some dumb reason that GGG needs to fight Ward. LMAO! GGG, boxings most exciting star, needs to chase someone no one cares or gives a shlt about, who isn't even in the same division and brings no money?

Fug Ward. He has no fans, and is irrelevant. Kova would KO Ward, and he knows it.
    Tone it the fu¢k down man, you're giving other GGG fans a bad name.

Comment

For a guy that is not a draw and nobody cares about...Ward gets talked about A LOT on this forum and Good or Bad that is a GREAT For Him!

Comment

The Golovkin Gonad Gaggers are up late tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          The Golovkin Gonad Gaggers are up late tonight.
          That awkward moment when you can't debate what I posted so you just post dumb irrelevant ****. I'm not even a GGG fan anyway.

Comment

Im trying to like GGG, but fans like the OP make it hard.

GGG can KO every bum thrown his way until he retires. That may satisfy the casuals and get him good ratings on HBO. It wont do anything for me.

GGG's best win wouldnt even make it on Ward's top ten. Thats where they stand right now. One guy is accomplished and one isnt.

So please, lets stop looking for excuses as to why GGG shouldnt do everything in his power to fight the top fighters out there.

Nothing stops him from going to 175 for Kovalev either.

Comment

There's no reason why Andre Ward can't fight both guys eventually. There's no issue here.

The 172 catchweighht doesn't mean as much as Golovkin fans pray it does. It's a non-title fight so why bother making the 168 limit?

He'll be back at 168 and at some point the Golovkin fight will have to happen. The Kovalev fight can still happen down the road.

There's no hypocrisy, there's no double standard.

Just scared Golovkin fans who are desperate for Ward to permanently move up in weight so the fight against their boy never happens.

Comment

GGG fans are shook as Ward's comeback looms closer. Let me spell it out for you:

Once Ward goes up to LHW, he isn't pulling a RJJ and coming back down in weight. When he moves up it's going to be for good. So why ruin a fight with GGG? GGG first, then Kovalev. You say it's hypocritical that we ask GGG to move up and not Ward but you fail to realize that it's just coincidental that Ward happens to be in between them. If it was reversed and GGG was a SMW and Ward was a MW we would be telling Ward to move up!

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
                  The "Guys, I'm not a light heavyweight" comment Ward made is no longer valid since he's fighting at a catch-weight of 172. Everyone is saying GGG is ducking Ward but fail to mention Ward isn't rushing to get in the ring with Kovalev either. We have to put things in perspective and we have to be fair. I can give GGG more of a pass because he comes in at 159 showing he can easily make 160 with no issues. Ward knows that his clinching tactics won't work against Kovalev. Ward sees Kovalev as a threat and it's fairly obvious. Those criticizing GGG should look at what Ward is doing and be more objective. Kovalev vs Ward needs to be made.
                  You realize why Ward is taking a fight at 172 right? He's wasted enough time being absent the last couple years and since GGG isnt going to fight he's transitioning up to light heavyweight.

Kovalev's promoter said just a couple days ago theyve discussed the fight for sometime next year

do some research first and you wont look like such an ass

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    There's no reason why Andre Ward can't fight both guys eventually. There's no issue here.

The 172 catchweighht doesn't mean as much as Golovkin fans pray it does. It's a non-title fight so why bother making the 168 limit?

He'll be back at 168 and at some point the Golovkin fight will have to happen. The Kovalev fight can still happen down the road.

Just scared Golovkin fans who are desperate for Ward to permanently move up in weight so the fight against their boy never happens.
                    Well said. The only hypocrisy that exists is GGG fans toward Canelo/Cotto. They brush aside weight differences and monetary concerns in regards to those fights but then cite them when Ward is brought up

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

I'm not opposed to a GGG-Ward fight. I want to see it happen. The only issue I really have with it is the weight. Maybe Ward can still make 168 and he's not trying to come down to 168 but it makes you wonder how big of a pain it is to make 168 for him.

I'm not even a fan of GGG so before I get labeled as one both guys want easy paydays. That's fairly obvious. They both wanted Chavez at 168 for an easy payday. Let's be honest, it would have been easy work for both men. Neither dude has a big ass fan base so they gotta do what they gotta do get that check.

If we are keeping things fair, no one can label anyone a ducker if Ward is back fighting at 168. Let's see where he fights at after his next fight but if he's still at the 172 mark, it's clear he should move up. The only reason why GGG isn't as bad as Ward is because GGG isn't fighting at 163 or 164 or something along those lines but if he did he would look just as bad as Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X