Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Chino Maidana was a born 154-pounder could he theoretically beat Felix Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That poll though...

Damn...

Chino gets no love.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
      Why are you being close minded? This is a purely hypothetical question. It has no bearing on reality. Expand your mind, friend.
      Answering your hypothetical question....

NO! Tito through his Prime days during his 147 to 154 reign (before MAyorga and Hopkings) No pressure fighter was able to any harm. They could catch him of balance here and there but never hurt him (first time was B-Hop, second time RJJ) other wise he would put a beat down. I mean he did great deal of damage with both hands it was freaky. I've seen Maidana he is a good tough entertaining fighter but comparing his styles and history with Tito's I say that about round 8 Maidana will not make it to the 10 count.

Last edited by Puya; 05-17-2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

That poll though...

Damn...

Chino gets no love.
        Is not l about Love, is about opinions

Comment

I say early to mid 2016. If he fights in 2015 it better be against a bum otherwise it could be a life-or-death fight. Maidana is fat as hell. He could retire if he wants. He's given us a lot of great fights.
          Yeah, he's definitely been eating good. Keep fighting though, there's lot of welterweight talent and he should be right in the mix.

Comment

I don't think Maidana last 5 rnds. Tito would batter him badly. His power and accuracy was too much for all but a few who knew how to box. Maidana is not that type.

Comment

You just described Marcos Maidana.

You make good points nonetheless.

Also, if Maidana is so weak to the body like everyone on NSB says he is... then why hasn't he been stopped via bodyshot KO? He is a tough mofo who isn't going anywhere. He's been in the ring with lions and destroyed them. And he's never been destroyed in a single match.

Also, you have to take into account that a 154 lb Maidana probably hits harder than GGG.
              ridiculous.

maidana is a volume puncher he doesn't have a one punch ko power, unlike golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
                Answering your hypothetical question....

NO! Tito through his Prime days during his 147 to 154 reign (before MAyorga and Hopkings) No pressure fighter was able to any harm. They could catch him of balance here and there but never hurt him (first time was B-Hop, second time RJJ) other wise he would put a beat down. I mean he did great deal of damage with both hands it was freaky. I've seen Maidana he is a good tough entertaining fighter but comparing his styles and history with Tito's I say that about round 8 Maidana will not make it to the 10 count.
                Trinidad might knockdown Chino... that's a possibility. The real question is, can he keep him down? If you drop Chino, he will get up and put it on you.

Comment

chino has a puncher's chance, that's about it

Comment

That poll though...

Damn...

Chino gets no love.
                    Chino gets love but this match up he loses. Tito lost when he went to 160

Comment

Working...
                    X