Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
      https://www.facebook.com/RealMiguelACotto/posts/1110254622324482:0

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Who's overseeing his conditioning work?
        https://twitter.com/sportsciencelab

Gavin McMillan

If I remember correctly he's GSP's S&C coach.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
          Yep, GSP's strength and conditioning coach. I like McMillian's philosiphy to fight training. He doesn't believe in roadwork being essential to preparing for a fight, since you are going for spurts of 3 mins of activity, then 1 min of rest. He believes roadwork puts unnecessary strain on the joints and muscles, and does not help with stamina as it has been believed to.
          That's what B-Hop explained that he does on how not to beat up his body during training. I think he said that in that 24/7 something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            https://twitter.com/sportsciencelab

Gavin McMillan

If I remember correctly he's GSP's S&C coach.
            He is. He got Cotto doing very similar work too. His muscle build is starting look similar to GSP's too.

I did notice that McMillan is also getting Cotto to do more leg strength exercises. Could by why/how he carried his power up.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
              if you look real close it says -jose- under his right nipple
              I can barely make out the names El Angel on one arm and jaz on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                That's what B-Hop explained that he does on how not to beat up his body during training. I think he said that in that 24/7 something like that.
                It makes sense. You're not training to run a marathon, you are training for a fight. In that aspect, you should get your muscle memory in tune with the activity you are doing.

Sprinters don't run endless miles. They train for short bursts.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                  I can barely make out the names El Angel on one arm and jaz on the other.
                  trust me they there jaz

I paid the tattoo artist good money to sneak it in there without Miguel noticing

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                    He is. He got Cotto doing very similar work too. His muscle build is starting look similar to GSP's too.

I did notice that McMillan is also getting Cotto to do more leg strength exercises. Could by why/how he carried his power up.
                    Word that and that he's throwing the lead left hook like he used to.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                      trust me they there jaz

I paid the tattoo artist good money to sneak it in there without Miguel noticing

Comment

Working...
                      X