Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In order to steal the September date from Canelo, who will F$M have to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    Considering how much money Showtime / CBS is going to make off Mayweather vs Pac after all is said and done....

Don't be surprised if Floyd's swan song is on....

One thing I think we've all learned over the years with Floyd is he's always got a trick or two up his sleeve. They know they've exhausted every big fight they could make, so why not give back to the fans who dished out $100 last May and put the fight on Network TV? Showtime likely made the money they would've made in 3 Floyd PPVs, and adding sponsors that would get behind his final fight, I wouldn't be shocked at all if that's the plan.

As for Cotto and Canelo, that fight isn't going to happen in June. Cotto's not going to jump right into another training camp, especially against Canelo. They got time to sell the fight for Nov / Dec being Pacquiao's not gonna fight in Novemeber now. I don't see the whole point of the Mexican Independence date. Those same people who will go see Canelo will still go see him in Nov / Dec.
    I've thought that was an option too, the next fight on CBS. I highly doubt it happens though, it would be a GENIUS move though but I don't think they'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      I've thought that was an option too, the next fight on CBS. I highly doubt it happens though, it would be a GENIUS move though but I don't think they'll do it.
      Agree with this as well. A cotto/Floyd fight on CBS or NBC would easily do 7 million IMO.

Comment

I think it would be perfect, and for the fans who complained about the $100 fee for MayPac, they're not gonna complain about FREE. They gotta work off the backlash the MayPac fight got overall and that's probably the best way to do it.

Comment

And yet... that was the issue with Top Rank and Floyd himself and the fight got made. Or is it because of Jay-Z and Beyonce? They paid six figures to be at the fight, I don't think they would give Floyd or Haymon money if the beef was that strong.
          Doubt it,

it was a miracle the Pacquiao fight got made. They would hand over Cotto over to FLoyd so fast after getting signed for a lot of money, and that's a guaranteed "L" for Roc Nation, along with the underlying issues with ROC vs Haymon.

Cotto lost all 12 rounds in the first, and RN is going to put him in there for a rematch?

tuff cookie to sell, even after the disappointing "FIght of the Century".

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Agree with this as well. A cotto/Floyd fight on CBS or NBC would easily do 7 million IMO.
            And it would turn the casual fans off boxing so badly that the next network card would be lucky to draw 1 million.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              He's not gonna fight Cotto though considering who Cotto's representation is now.

Im expecting a very winnable fight for Floyd's last.

Comment

I think it would be perfect, and for the fans who complained about the $100 fee for MayPac, they're not gonna complain about FREE. They gotta work off the backlash the MayPac fight got overall and that's probably the best way to do it.
                The best way to do that would be with an action packed card that promises three all out Gatti-Ward style wars. Not with another Mayweather cure for insomnia.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Personally, I think Cotto is going to choose to fight Mayweather instead of Canelo which in turn I believe can take the September date. One thing about boxing is anything is possible, Cotto has a tuff fight against Geale and anything could happen, a loss, an injury etc so Canelo and GBP putting all their eggs in one basket could equate to some trouble by opening their mouths to soon. This does put Cotto back in the drivers seat (where he likes to be) if he wins so Canelo himself will need a big opponent on standby which there isn't to many to choose from that would take the September date unless he fights GGG.
                  What part of Al Haymon vs Jay-z do people not seem to underf**kingstand.

Comment

The problem if they do that will be Floyd trying to get on PPV again, no one will pay for it again. Granted, they could make an absolute killing on the advertising costs, but I don't think it happens. A 1% chance if that.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      The best way to do that would be with an action packed card that promises three all out Gatti-Ward style wars. Not with another Mayweather cure for insomnia.
                      Well that ain't gonna happen lol.

At the same time though, you can fall asleep knowing you won't have $75-100 charge on your cable bill

Comment

Working...
                      X