Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In order to steal the September date from Canelo, who will F$M have to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    Unless it's Cotto I'm not buying another Floyd fight again, I know I'm not the only one. And most people won't even buy a Cotto fight lol.
    Thats your choice not to buy it....but a lot of other people will.It is his farewell fight and all great fighters should get one

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
      Think you can take him Larry?
      no
      Originally posted by FrenchDeLaHoya View Post
      mayweather vs malignaggi?

this sounds horrid.. but regarding canelo & floyd on sept 12, first to cotto wins
      It is not about the ppv sells with Floyd in Sept, he covered it for the year

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
      he will outsell canelo no matter who he fights, hes getting old and is past it... he will sell 800,000- 1.2mil easliy no matter what
      yep

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post
      damn you delusional, only way he does that if they start accepting foodstamps.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
        I know its Floyd, but he has looked worse against some guys (Marcos comes to mind) than he should have because I feel he took them lightly. He runs the risk of having a foot out the door already and just not getting motivated for the fight. Last fight and he could throw it all away by getting caught with a GARSH or something. Unlikely, but you hear fighters mention it can be difficult to get up for smaller fights after big events.
        Got to disagree in my opinion that's one of Floyds strengths is he's always mentally focused at the task at hand and doesn't take fighters lightly I don't think it'll be different for his last fight .

I think with the Maidana 1 fight Floyd told everyone before the fight he was going to make it more exciting and that's what happend ( Part of me thinks it was a little bit Of one upsmanship to Broner ) 2nd fight he fought his fight made it easier work .

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Thats your choice not to buy it....but a lot of other people will.It is his farewell fight and all great fighters should get one
          He can have one, doesn't mean anyone will watch it and a lot of people won't.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
            Theres a underlying conflict, Roc vs Haymon , lol
            And yet... that was the issue with Top Rank and Floyd himself and the fight got made. Or is it because of Jay-Z and Beyonce? They paid six figures to be at the fight, I don't think they would give Floyd or Haymon money if the beef was that strong.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              After MAy 2nd...its gonna be hard to sell another "big" Floyd fight....That fight left a bad taste in people mouth.

Only way i would buy Floyd/MAnny rematch is if Canelo/Cotto is on the undercard but thats not gonna happen
              Folks said the same thing after Carlos Baldomir that was on PPV.

Floyd went on to break records in selling.

But whatever, why look at facts, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                And yet... that was the issue with Top Rank and Floyd himself and the fight got made. Or is it because of Jay-Z and Beyonce? They paid six figures to be at the fight, I don't think they would give Floyd or Haymon money if the beef was that strong.
                Don't use the Floyd-Mac to justify any other situation. It was a once in a lifetime event for most people and they were not thinking about background grudges or past garbage. Whatever they paid it was like pocket change to any of us here.

No other fight compares to that fight in financial terms and things will not be put aside for a regular fight.

Comment

Besides the lineal title, one reason I want Mayweather-Cotto 2 is to witness the mass menstraul cycle of the delusional losers that post on this forum. Mayweather would eliminate Golovkin and Canelo's most profitable option. Leaving Canelo to duck Golovkin and Golovkin to duck Ward, while all the delusional faggots defend it at every turn.

Comment

Considering how much money Showtime / CBS is going to make off Mayweather vs Pac after all is said and done....

Don't be surprised if Floyd's swan song is on....

One thing I think we've all learned over the years with Floyd is he's always got a trick or two up his sleeve. They know they've exhausted every big fight they could make, so why not give back to the fans who dished out $100 last May and put the fight on Network TV? Showtime likely made the money they would've made in 3 Floyd PPVs, and adding sponsors that would get behind his final fight, I wouldn't be shocked at all if that's the plan.

As for Cotto and Canelo, that fight isn't going to happen in Sept. Cotto's not going to jump right into another training camp, especially against Canelo. They got time to sell the fight for Nov / Dec being Pacquiao's not gonna fight in Novemeber now. I don't see the whole point of the Mexican Independence date. Those same people who will go see Canelo will still go see him in Nov / Dec.
                    Last edited by RL_GMA; 05-13-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      Don't use the Floyd-Mac to justify any other situation. It was a once in a lifetime event for most people and they were not thinking about background grudges or past garbage. Whatever they paid it was like pocket change to any of us here.

No other fight compares to that fight in financial terms and things will not be put aside for a regular fight.
                      All you had to say was it was done because of the money. No ****. Fighting Cotto is more marketable than any other for Floyd at this point. Thus, it's the most money they can make. Will it happen? I don't know, but it's not dead in the water as somoene from Haymons stable said they wouldn't have a problem working with RocNation. I want to say it's the dad of the twins, can never remember their ****ing names. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he said if it made sense it wouldn't be an issue. You defend the dumbest **** man, as if I didn't know why May/Pac got made lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X