Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Mayweather-Pacquiao was like Trinidad-Vargas? What then? (Read.)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Mayweather-Pacquiao was like Trinidad-Vargas? What then? (Read.)

Hypothetically speaking, where would boxing be as a sport if the Mayweather-Pacquiao superfight (5.6 million pay-per-view buys) was a boxing match like Felix Trinidad vs. Fernando Vargas?

What could have happened to boxing if a fight like Trinidad-Vargas took place on May 2nd, 2015, with the world watching?

Please post and discuss this hypothetical question.

Originally posted by Bitter End View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, where would boxing be as a sport if the Mayweather-Pacquiao superfight (5.6 million pay-per-view buys) was a boxing match like Felix Trinidad vs. Fernando Vargas?

What could have happened to boxing if a fight like Trinidad-Vargas took place on May 2nd, 2015, with the world watching?

dat fight was a million times better than dis **** below!

Comment

Originally posted by QuebecSTAR2 View Post

Of course.

I was just a snot-nosed kid when Trinidad and Vargas did battle in the ring -- but even then -- I knew I was witnessing greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter End View Post

rematch would be 7M PPV min..

Comment

People would ask for an immediate rematch and it would be the most anticipated event of the fall of 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by QuebecSTAR2 View Post
            Mayweather boxes, moves around a lot, and clinches a lot. He only fights in short spurts.

Basically he comes to box.

But guys like Fernando Vargas and Tito Trinidad... They come to fight -- fight to the bitter end.

Comment

It'd be 5.6 million upset Mexicans rather than 5.6 million upset Pinoys.

Comment

Casuals would have had multiple orgasms.

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
                  rematch would be 7M PPV min..
                  7 million buys? That would set the bar so high.

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                  People would ask for an immediate rematch and it would be the most anticipated event of the fall of 2015.
                  Fall of 2015?

After engaging in that type of war... very brutal and destructive... I think they would need at least a year off to heal. Mayweather-Pacquiao 2 June 2016!

Comment

Originally posted by In Motion View Post
                    It'd be 5.6 million upset Mexicans rather than 5.6 million upset Pinoys.
                    That makes no sense. Why are you bringing race into this? Don't answer that; I know you're a trolling asshole, racist flomo.

Comment

Working...
                    X