No announcement yet.

What's next for James Kirkland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next for James Kirkland?

I feel bad for him. He doesn't have a good chin and he also lacks defence. He's tough as nails though but when you fight like Kirkland to be a top fighter you need a great chin. He's fun to watch and he always gives his all but he has been in several tough fights now and taken a whole lot of punishment......Is it time to retire?

Sometimes it's better to move to another weight division but he can't make 147 and move up to 160 would be suicide. Those guys are way too big for him. If he continues to fight he needs to stay at 154 but I just can't see him beat any of the top fighters.....Who would you like to see Kirkland fight next?

Is he alive?

Comment

Retirement.

Comment

Go back to his regular job?

Comment

He probably fights a Joshua Clottey or someone along those line.
          Maybe the Charlo brothers take a shot at him, thinking he's very vulnerable now.

Comment

He should come back towards the end of the year I think.

I would like to see him fight Rosado or Angulo II. Those would be good fights. I could also see him fighting a guy like Willie Nelson.

Comment

Honestly I don't know what he should do. I'd say go back to Ann Wolfe, but that's assuming Wolfe would even take him back. Seems like there is some deep wounds there that may never heal, at least not now.

Goes without saying his next fight should be a soft one. He should be matched against a couple subpar opposition and go from there. Maybe he can work himself into a couple more nice paydays. He's entertaining, people will want to see him. It would be sad to see him drop to gatekeeper status, like an Edison Miranda who keeps getting KO'd and is nothing more than a stepping stone for up and comers, but that may be the inevitable for Kirkland. His chin was cracked pretty bad, punch resistance might be ruined. Not that it was ever great but he had the heart and the will to overcome it. Not so sure now.

Comment

Haymon should give Kirkland a pile of money to join the PBC, they need some action fighters to balance out their dance team.

Comment

I think Kirkland should fight Rosado for his BKB title

Comment

He needs to hook up with a known trainer. Maybe Robert Garcia.

But i believe that Anne Wolf's ways are embedded in him, no matter what he learns in training camp, it will be undone do to his long exposure with Wolfes brutal training regime. It was so intense that he can't get it out of his system once the adrenaline starts pumping.

He has no choice but to go back with Anne Wolfe.

Comment

Working...
                    X