Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy Hearns is the only fighter who would be a big favorite against Floyd at 147.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Hearns is the only fighter who would be a big favorite against Floyd at 147.

Hearns is the ONLY fighter who would be considered a big favorite. Simply because he's a 6'2 giant with massive power, great boxing skills, and just a stylistic nightmare for Floyd.

Leonard would be a favorite, but not a big one. Robinson would be a favorite, but once again not a big favorite.

Duran/Whitaker are 50/50.

Mr. Boo has this OP holding his dick while he pees. Sickening to watch.

Comment

I dont agree, mayweather fought alot of guys who came up in weight at 147, Like there first or second fight was against mayweather at 147. alot second tier fighters. Just going by that I cant agree ...

Comment

Leonard and robinson would both be favored over floyd..

I imagine 99 tito, Oscar, shane would be favorites.. 2002 vernon Forrest, 85 curry...

There is a lack of natural welters these past few years, hence why smaller guys like marquez, floyd, manny, Bradley, broner, pauli have been in the title picture.. A great natural welter would be a huge obstacle for floyd

Comment

Vernon Forrest and a prime Oscar would give Floyd problems as well because of their length.

Comment

Um sugar ray Leonard?

Comment

I'd probably favor Hearns too but I wouldn't be so quick to count Floyd out. People seem to do this mostly because Mayweather has never faced a style and type of fighter like Hearns before, but I don't think that automatically means that this would be the toughest style for him to overcome.

Comment

It's not about who would be favored, it's about who would win because they are from different eras and it is too hard to tell what type of favorite would play out because now you are talking about different sets of opponents from different eras to determine who would be the favorite.

Hearns is all wrong for Floyd. Floyd only fights inside when his back is against the ropes and not ring center. Hearns can fight inside AND in ring center and Hearns would keep this distance by backing Floyd to the ropes and using his reach to nail Floyd continuously. And Floyd would not get past the jab to work his way inside when the fact is, he would not be able to work inside. For Floyd it is a catch-22 no matter what he does.

Hearns was lighting fast and hit way harder than guys who stunned Floyd such as Corley and Mosley. Hearn jab was a piston that would find its mark often. It would be a systematic dismantling of Floyd till the big right hand found its mark and then level Floyd. Unlike Leonard who could turn puncher against Hearns, Floyd could not. Hearns would outjab Floyd and overpower him. Even Benitez is a stylistic nightmare for Floyd. Benitez' speed was fantastic as was his defense and could possibly win. Leonard wins too. And Duran Montreal 1980 was a better version of Pac by a good measure.
                Last edited by richardt; 05-10-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Hearns would seriously have hurt Mayweather in a bAAAAd way at 147.

No two ways about it. It's not even close

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                    I'd probably favor Hearns too but I wouldn't be so quick to count Floyd out. People seem to do this mostly because Mayweather has never faced a style and type of fighter like Hearns before, but I don't think that automatically means that this would be the toughest style for him to overcome.
                    If you consider natural size/strength and the fact that Mayweather has stayed in his 'shell' at 147 than it's easily apparent who dominates this fight.

No way will Mayweather win this fight from the outside, Hearns would be crackin' that 'shell' from long range. And at 147 Floyd has ruled from his 'shell'.

Mayweather gets aggressive with his offense and Hearns simply slides back with jabs and hooks, which would put the 147 Mayweather right back in his shell as Hearns continues to drop bombs and control with his piercing jabs

Who ever refs this fight will end up franticly waving this bout off and hailing for the doctors, if not an ambulance.
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 05-10-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X