Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for non-American boxing fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for non-American boxing fans?

When your favorite boxers (from your country) go to the U.S. do you feel that they will be robbed automatically? Do you think that American judges base their decisions based on an American style of boxing? Or do you think they are automatically biased towards your fighter?

I know as an American I always worry when one of my favorite fighters from the U.S. or Mexico step outside the America(s) there will be a robbery and feel they go into the fight a couple points down already, so I just want to see if you feel the same way.

It's something that you think about, but I think the regularity of home decisions is often exaggerated.

It does happen at times, but generally I don't worry about it.

Comment

Before Fonfara - Chavez I was sure Fonfara would get robbed.

Imagine my surprise when I saw the official scorecards.

Comment

I think US does not usually favour their countries fighters as much as other countries does...

Comment

No I don't really worry about it all. I'm far more worried when a British fighter goes to Germany.

Comment

Not really, it usually just depends where they fight. When they fight at a big stage I'm not worried at all.

You can say whatever you want about the US but they're pretty fair compared to other countries.

Comment

robberies happen everywhere

Comment

Unless there is a lot of history behind a certain fighter (JCC jr for example) i don't particularly worry about it.

Comment

No doubt the judges will be affected by the home crowd. A close fight will almost always go to the american.

Comment

Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
                    No I don't really worry about it all. I'm far more worried when a British fighter goes to Germany.
                    lol, I dont blame you. Dang nazis... lol jk

Comment

Working...
                    X