Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for non-American boxing fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judah vs Matthysse , Alexander vs Matthysse and maybe Paul Williams vs Martinez I are a few examples....we all knew the robbery was coming... but then you have Bradley vs Diego Chaves and I personally think Bradley won that fight...it is not that bad in America compared to Japan and Germany ..those 2 are the countries were it is almost impossible to win on points....I remember Kotelnik vs Maidana...and scorecards were awful

Comment

Well i allways think that irish boxers get a fair shot,whats their of them anyway, i was worried when lee was fighting quilen,i taught he was going to be raped on the cards but the judges done really well,feldman scored it perfect IMO, it will be intresting to see how they view jason quigley seen as he his building his career in the states, i would be more worried about them going to england!! And i think mike perez (the cuban from cork) was robbed in his fight whit jennings, fair enough he was **** and should not of been in the ring so soon after a war, but the point deduction for nothing turned out to be the decider..not defending perez,he shouldnt of been in their, but that point changed everything

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
        Well i allways think that irish boxers get a fair shot,whats their of them anyway, i was worried when lee was fighting quilen,i taught he was going to be raped on the cards but the judges done really well,feldman scored it perfect IMO, it will be intresting to see how they view jason quigley seen as he his building his career in the states, i would be more worried about them going to england!! And i think mike perez (the cuban from cork) was robbed in his fight whit jennings, fair enough he was **** and should not of been in the ring so soon after a war, but the point deduction for nothing turned out to be the decider..not defending perez,he shouldnt of been in their, but that point changed everything
        And when khan fought mc closkey in england that was a really extremly bad stoppage!! That was not a cut to stop a fight!!

Comment

I think the decisions are not too bad in America. They got that Lee/Quillin draw result right and to be honest I think international fighters get a tougher decision from places like the UK and Germany more than America.

Comment

The problem with Americans is that what Americans CALL boxing is not exactly what the rest of the world does.

I don't see other nations boxers reluctant to engage the other guy in the ring. Even Wlad Klitschko is NEVER not boxing, never running!

I think that American's score for this kind of activity as some kind of "ring generalship", show boating if you will.

Of course not ALL Americans fight like that, there are obvious examples of plenty of yank boxers who really are there to fight, it's the judges who are a little bit special imo.

America is obviously the most corrupt nation with the most corrupt judging, it is an incredibly risky prospect for any fighter going over there.

Not to say other places are egalitarian of course, but the scale of yank bias is unprecedented.

Comment

Working...
            X