Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*******s are what made me root for Floyd coming into the fight. Most "irritating" fan-base in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
      *******s are what made me root for Floyd coming into the fight. Most "irritating" fan-base in the sport.
      Seriously. Now the scum can crawl back into whatever hole they came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
        same here, along with roach and arum. i generally like pacquiao (although he's not being very gracious in defeat) but i am glad to see the myth dispelled and his fanboys taken down a peg. it's like a ghost town on nsb today

Comment

The hardcore Pac fans were fans of just one boxer. Immune to reason and very sensitive creatures as you continue to see after Pac's lost.

Floyd is so despised that most saw Pac as the man to beat him. Most hardcore Pac fans bashed Floyd any chance they had in any topic posted on this site, they were Floyd's biggest fans.

Now with the shoulder excuse they will be back.

Comment

I had Floyd to win but I WANTED Pac to do it.

He was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
              The hardcore Pac fans were fans of just one boxer. Immune to reason and very sensitive creatures as you continue to see after Pac's lost.

Floyd is so despised that most saw Pac as the man to beat him. Most hardcore Pac fans bashed Floyd any chance they had in any topic posted on this site, they were Floyd's biggest fans.

Now with the shoulder excuse they will be back.
              Manny would have lost no matter what shape he was in. But I think a lot of you are mistaking extreme hate for Mayweather for undying love for Pacquiao. If you are a fan of boxing, you are a fan of Pacquiao. If you don't think he's a phenomenal fighter, then there's something about Pacquiao "the man" that you dislike and that clouds your ability to appreciate Pacquiao "the fighter".

The EXACT same thing can be said about Floyd. People hate him because, at his core, he's sh:t. If sh:t had an @sshole, and that @sshole could sh:t, that sh:tty sh:t could still be molded into a better human being than Floyd.

BUT, he's a phenomenal fighter and proved that he's twice the fighter Pacquiao is. I think a lot of people truly are diehard fans of Pacquiao, but many more people simply flock to him because he's NOT Floyd. Can you blame them?

And what is up with folks in this thread hating the "casual" boxing fan? Crossover stars like Pacquiao, De La Hoya, Trinidad, JC Chavez, etc. are what grow the boxing fanbase. That's like hating the casual voter because they only show up to vote for the President and not their local city counsil candidates. Casual fans become formal fans. And it's the casual fans that turn a $500,000 payday into a $15,000,000 payday. God bless those that haven't watched a fight in years and won't watch another for several years.
              Last edited by nathan_nall; 05-03-2015, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
                Manny would have lost no matter what shape he was in. But I think a lot of you are mistaking extreme hate for Mayweather for undying love for Pacquiao. If you are a fan of boxing, you are a fan of Pacquiao. If you don't think he's a phenomenal fighter, then there's something about Pacquiao "the man" that you dislike and that clouds your ability to appreciate Pacquiao "the fighter".

The EXACT same thing can be said about Floyd. People hate him because, at his core, he's sh:t. If sh:t had an @sshole, and that @sshole could sh:t, that sh:tty sh:t could still be molded into a better human being than Floyd.

BUT, he's a phenomenal fighter and proved that he's twice the fighter Pacquiao is. I think a lot of people truly are diehard fans of Pacquiao, but many more people simply flock to him because he's NOT Floyd. Can you blame them?

And what is up with hating the "casual" boxing fan? Crossover stars like Pacquiao, De La Hoya, Trinidad, JC Chavez, etc. are what grow the boxing fanbase. Casual fans become formal fans. And it's the casual fans that turn a $500,000 payday into a $15,000,000 payday. God bless those that haven't watched a fight in years and won't watch another for several years.
                Not the overall fans out there, the ones on this site. If you get on this site you are a dedicated fan of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                  Not the overall fans out there, the ones on this site. If you get on this site you are a dedicated fan of the sport.
                  Fair enough.

I'll be the first to admit that so many of the Pac fans let their adoration of Pac prevent them from seeing he just isn't able to compete with Mayweather. Injury or no. This was supposed to be about "no excuses after 5/2" but it chaps me that people are making excuses.

But Floyd has just as many delusional fans.

Comment

I understand people not liking Mayweather as a person, but as a fighter he is outstanding.

I think people forget that. So many people tried to talk me into betting Pacquiao (who I like) but I just could not see how he was going to win.

Thank god I didn't listen.

Comment

It's not all Manny fans, just the worst ones. But all of them have to face the reality that Floyd is far superior. Maybe next time they will listen when real fans try and educate them from now on.

Comment

Working...
                      X