Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas out boxed Provo better then the great slick Bradley, Algieri, and Herrera.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

close fight indeed

Comment

I hope no one here has complained about Floyd or Wlad initiating clinches because Matthysse did a ton of that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
        Couldn't see? His eye was never close to being shut. Funny how you complain when Matthysse fans mention an eye and you make fun of it for a year and now look at you.
        Cut was in the worst place possible and dripping in his eye. Might as well had on an eye patch and he still had lucas backing up all night

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Cut was in the worst place possible and dripping in his eye. Might as well had on an eye patch and he still had lucas backing up all night
          Backing up and peppering with every punch in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

close fight indeed
            You don't believe this was a close fight? I was actually at the fight and when the draw was read most of the crowd cheered and it was a pro Lucas crowd... Extremely pro Lucas. He lost at the very least 3 of the last 5 rounds and gave up 1 or 2 early rounds.

Comment

Hanz is in this game for moral victories.

He had him shook and backing up all night doe!!

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                You don't believe this was a close fight? I was actually at the fight and when the draw was read most of the crowd cheered and it was a pro Lucas crowd... Extremely pro Lucas. He lost at the very least 3 of the last 5 rounds and gave up 1 or 2 early rounds.
                i don't he lost any of the early rounds, i had it something like 5 to 1, being honest was to nervous to keep a score , ruslan hurt lucas a couple of times in the late rounds and he almost dropped him, finished strong, but i don't think that was enough.

Comment

Originally posted by silentscoper View Post
                  I hope no one here has complained about Floyd or Wlad initiating clinches because Matthysse did a ton of that tonight.
                  he didn't hug like wlad does, or like floyd did vs maidana

i saw him initiate clinches and then tuck his arms in and use his shoulder to push provo off him

not saying the ref didnt separate them at times, but i didnt see this as some sort of clinch fest like maidana/alexander or brook/porter (and even I didnt mind it in the brook/porter fight)

lucas fought smart, he fought in a style that only us matthysse fans always said he had the ability to do

boxing off the back foot is one thing, doing it against provodnikov has shown to put whoever does it in the hospital, win or lose

lucas probably aint going to the hospital, that says a lot about his ability as a boxer/puncher

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    i don't he lost any of the early rounds, i had it something like 5 to 1, being honest was to nervous to keep a score , ruslan hurt lucas a couple of times in the late rounds and he almost dropped him, finished strong, but i don't think that was enough.
                    i had it 3-2 but then changed it to 4-1 after thinking about it then 4-2

i wanna say this: lederman is a **** judge, just awful. some of those rounds he gave to pacquiao in the 3rd marquez fight were appalling)

Comment

He also took far less damage, his face was clean compared to those guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X