No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather, Pacquiao Agree: Fight Won't Define Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather, Pacquiao Agree: Fight Won't Define Legacy

They don't agree on too many topics, but welterweight champions Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao are in agreement that May 2nd will not define their respective legacies.

Pacquiao has captured eight divisional titles, while Mayweather has secured five divisional belts. They meet for the WBO/WBA/WBC titles at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Both fighters have made millions of dollars in the ring and generated millions of purchases on pay-per-view. Their upcoming fight is expected to break all existing pay-per-view records.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think it will define either's legacy, but if Floyd loses it will overshadow anything he has accomplished in his career given how he has labeled himself TBE and the way he has carried himself since he signed to fight ODH.

Comment

i think losing to a faded PAC might hurt 'TBE's' legacy a wee bit

Comment

Manny will destroy Mayweather and demolish his so called F L O M O fans....end!

Comment

The real definition of this fight in boxing terms is that both companies that handle both fighters lose the biggest bargaining chip they had on the networks. It's easy to push bullshhh fights when you dangle the carrot of an eventual showdown between these two over a networks head.

Comment

I mean there is an obvious effect the fight will have on the winner as opposed to the loser. It should not be the end all and be all for guys that have 2 decade records of being greater than everyone else, but the fight is very much an important piece in their respective legacies.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              i think losing to a faded PAC might hurt 'TBE's' legacy a wee bit
              Does losing to a faded Floyd hurt Pac legacy as well?

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
                I just don't understand this whole Manny is fading argument. Manny is younger than Floyd!! So if anything shouldn't it be a younger invigorated fighter fighting an old veteran who's been at the top in his prime for nearly 20 years? Manny hasn't been around nearly that long and he's already fading? His prime only lasted 5 years? Is that what people are claiming? How pathetic. It's clear who used peds!

Comment

This fight indeed doesn't define either fighters legacy, but it does validate who the true best fighter of this generation is. It's going to be a good one and I get an inadvertent hard on just thinking about May 2nd!!!! There's nothing I can do to help it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
                    Floyd has used his ")" to define him to an extent - " 47 have tried and 47 have failed" etc., he loses that.

Plus, Pac defined his legacy as much during his dominant run between 122 - 130 lbs,

His win over Ledwaba who was the consensus #1 at 122 lbs at the time and a big favorite), his 1st win over Barrera (who was lineal at 126, top 5 lb 4 lb and big favorite) and 2nd win, to an extent, his first 2 fights vs JMM, ( which were both classics against an atg, the 2nd of which netted Pac the lineal at 130 lbs), and his 3 fights vs Morales ( 2 of which he won by KO against a 1st ballot HOFer) made Pac a first ballot HOFer bf he even moved from 130 lbs.
                    Add in what he did the past 6 yrs - the dominant wins over HOFers de la hoya, Hatton, and Cotto. as well as the wins over Bradley who was a top 5 lb 4 lb fighter as well, and the wins over Margarito, Clottey, David Diaz, Rios and Algieri - none of which were top opponents, but were thoroughly dominated. I think many view Pacs resume as better as of right now

Comment

Working...
                    X