Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The TOMATO KAN Krusher shamelessly hides behind HBO's skirt...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Duva didn't call for the purse bid.

Stevenson's promoter called for the purse bid. Duva sees to have assumed that he would negotiate with her instead, but it didn't happen.
    Duva asked the WBC to make Kovalev the mandatory in order to FORCE Stevenson into the ring. If the two sides can't come to terms then the mandatory challenger has the right to force the fight to a purse bid. That's how things have worked since forever...

So why did Duva lobby to have Kovalev made the WBC mandatory only to forfeit that status when the fight goes to a purse bid? What the hell sense does that make?

Comment

Kovalev's stock has risen, while Stevenson's has plummeted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        That's not a flaw in my reasoning, that's you failing to see that Kov could've changed his mind since November 2014 when the request was made by DUva to the WBC.

She asked both times. Kov just changed his mind apparently.

Comment

Why would he have changed his mind?
          Well, lets look at the FACTS.
          • Team Kovalev lobbied the WBC to have Kovalev installed as the mandatory challenger for the WBC 175lb title.
          • Kovalev gets installed as the mandatory for the WBC 175lb title
          • Team Stevenson asks for a purse bid
          • The WBC sets a date for Stevenson Kovalev to go to a purse bid
          • Team Kovalev forfeits their mandatory status and says "Never mind, we were just kidding.."

These are the FACTS.

So, the question that needs to be asked is; Why does Kovalev want to be the WBC mandatory yesterday only to forfeit that status today?

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            Kovalev's stock has risen, while Stevenson's has plummeted.
            After today, Duckvalev stock goes to ****...

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
              After today, Duckvalev stock goes to ****...
              Kovalev has a contract with HBO,so if haymon wins the purse bid,theres no way that kovalev could fight on pbc. If Adonis really wanted to fight kovalev,he'd take HBOs offer,which is to put the fight on HBO,and the fighters still get a 50-50 split. But let's not forget,big daddy haymon works Adonis like a puppet so of course he would let his cash cow go to HBO. Oh,and stop trying to twist things and make it look like Adonis is anything more than a paper champ, who's last 2 fights have been against ****i g fonfara,and 168 lb bika. When Adonis beats someone like pascal,or Hopkins,you can talk. Until that moment comes,he's still aduckis chickinson,the champ who'd get put to sleep by both kovalev and Artur.

Comment

I wouldnt say tomato kan but it is what it is. Some just dont want to admit it.

Kov choose the, how do you guys say it....ob yeah "he all about that bidness" of forgot the "doe"

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  KOvalev did the same thing Adonis did.
                  yeah pretty much but where are the DUCK rants now???????? funny how this site works, and im a Kov fan

Comment

If it is true the purse bids were to be a 50/50 divide, then there is no excuse for it to not go forward.

Comment

Why would he have changed his mind?

He's had another good win since then and Stevenson looked very ineffective in his last fight. There was nothing at all to scare Kovalev off in that performance, even if he was a guy who got scared, which he obviously isn't.

Unification with Stevenson is by far the biggest fight out there for Krusher, and the one he's been after for 18 months. Why on earth would he suddenly change his mind and decide to run away from it?

That makes no sense.
                      This is where we agree-this makes no sense.

Since it doesn't, all I can do is base my opinion on what I know to this point.

I know duva knew these "obstacles" were already in place. So if she and kov didn't check with HBO before she went to the wbc, it's on her.

I know she is about to make a new deal for kov with Hbo and that she didn't have the resources to outbid haymon. So again, why make the request to the wbc when you know it's going to a purse bid?

Kathy and kov are walking away. So long as posters that killed stevenson/haymon do the same here then there is no problem.

The real debate is why are posters not killing kov and making up knicknames? Why aren't we killing duva for hurting the sport?

Where is the equal tretament?

Comment

Working...
                      X