Rafael: Khan - Algieri will be on Spike TV, Barclays Center NY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    Thanks for the update Laced.

People were cringing on Khan-Algieri getting passed on by Showtime, but they showed Garcia-Salka, so it wasn't something to really to hold on to.
    I don't really believe Showtime would pass on Khan. I just don't think they had the chance with the new Haymon model.

From what I make out, Khan always delivers good ratings usually above 1m average, so why would they ever cut him out?

Comment

On regular tv and I'm sure I still won't watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
        Who promotes Algieri?
        Banner Promotions. Same as Provodnikov.

Comment

Khan won't be able to stop Algieri once he gets let out of the Cage.

Comment

How does Mr. Popular go from a first-time PPV headliner to Spike @The Barclays. I'm guessing that Showtime passed for good reason.

No risk, no reward .....

Comment

I thought the fight wasn't gonna happen lol. I still don't think it's TERRIBLE but when khan talks like he's on May or pac level then this kind of fight shows how dumb he is

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                How does Mr. Popular go from a first-time PPV headliner to Spike @The Barclays. I'm guessing that Showtime passed for good reason.

No risk, no reward .....
                Yet they showed Garcia-Salka. Try again.

Showtime broadcasted his fight with Julio Diaz too. It is just the new boxing model.
                Last edited by Box-Office; 04-15-2015, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I don't really believe Showtime would pass on Khan. I just don't think they had the chance with the new Haymon model.

From what I make out, Khan always delivers good ratings usually above 1m average, so why would they ever cut him out?
                  I had an idea something like this was coming.

Not just Khan giving good ratings, but Algieri is well known enough to be on Premium network at least once more. Showtime could've built it as "Khan fighting a former Pac opponent" regardless of how bad it went for him.

Showtime broadcasted his Julio Diaz fight too, so nothing to do with the match up.
                  Last edited by Box-Office; 04-15-2015, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    I thought the fight wasn't gonna happen lol. I still don't think it's TERRIBLE but when khan talks like he's on May or pac level then this kind of fight shows how dumb he is
                    Bradley was coming off of beating Casamayor and that too at LWW, Mosley was coming off a draw and loss and Margarito a 10 round tune up. Khan is more than qualified for a Pacquiao fight.

I will factor out Rios because it was a comeback opponent.

Comment

I'll take Spike TV over NBC any day.

Comment

Working...
                      X