No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson: I Can Stay at 140, but I’m Curious About 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peterson: I Can Stay at 140, but I’m Curious About 147

Lamont Peterson has been at or near the junior-welterweight division for his entire career, more than a decade spent around 140 pounds. He’s spoken on occasion for the past couple of years about making weight and the idea of moving up to welterweight — an idea he brought up again after dropping a highly competitive majority decision to Danny Garcia.

“147 for me is really out of curiosity. I just want to see how I feel,” Peterson said afterward at the post-fight press conference. “But I can definitely still make 140 and still get in the ring healthy. This time I did 143 [the contractually agreed upon weight]. I really ain’t do no real workout this week. I still make the weight pretty comfortable. But I can’t stop thinking about moving up to 147 just to see how I feel.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's funny Peterson came in at 165 pounds and he wants to test 147

Comment

peterson vs maidana is a interesting fight. i'd like to see that happen

Comment

Peterson looked pretty strong at the catchweight, I think he should move up.

Comment

Peterson should move up. will do him good

Comment

those ped pellets are really helping lamont

Comment

I think Pete should move up good matchups for him at 147

Comment

I'm not keen on seeing Peterson at 147. That's where the fan-friendly big punchers are right now. It would be more interesting to see him box against the top fighters at 140 like (soon to be) Crawford, Postol, Broner, and Provodnikov after he destroys Matthysse.

Comment

147 is the deepest division in boxing right now by far.

Comment

you better roid up good, you dont bring a knife to a gun fight

Comment

Working...
                    X