No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson: I Can Stay at 140, but I’m Curious About 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    I'm not keen on seeing Peterson at 147. That's where the fan-friendly big punchers are right now. It would be more interesting to see him box against the top fighters at 140 like (soon to be) Crawford, Postol, Broner, and Provodnikov after he destroys Matthysse.

Comment

I would love to see Peterson at 147. I think he would be even better than 140.

Comment

He didn't even look a little bit tired. He would just be part of the great mix that is 147.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Hey don't get me wrong, I like Matthyse. I was hooting with joy like a chimp when he dusted off Peterson, and was SO pissed that he didn't beat Garcia. However, I just don't see what he has in his arsenal to fend off Provodnikov. The 3 guys who beat him (Herrera, Bradley and Algieri) were all boxer types with good chins and staying power, which are qualities I don't believe Matthysse has against a true slugger. To that extent, I have long touted his inferiority to Maidana.

If Matthysse does pull it off, I'll be ecstatic since I've never been on the Provodnikov hypetrain.

Comment

I want Peterson /Bradley at 147. I imagine it would look something like this:

Comment

Peterson has done what he can at 140. He should move up to 147 where the money is better. Peterson seems to me like a competitive but not dominant fighter at either weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Peterson has done what he can at 140. He should move up to 147 where the money is better. Peterson seems to me like a competitive but not dominant fighter at either weight.
                He got ktfo by mathysse, imagine what pacquiao would do to his chin. I think Peterson had q horrible game plan for the Garcia fight. His corner was telling him to box and just shouting out sweet science for no reason, meanwhile he was getting his ass kicked and was way down on the cards before he decided to make a run which was too little too late. Peterson already got his ass kicked enough at 140, why not get smashed by the top guys at 147 while your at it? Then adlfter beating a bunch of bums and then falling to a couple top guys, he will move up to 154. See how this works? Peterson will never be an elite boxer

Comment

The guys is massive. I'd expect him to move all the way to 154 or maybe even 160 by the time his career is said and done

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    peterson vs maidana is a interesting fight. i'd like to see that happen
                    both are coming off losses, would be good clash

however I'd still prefer Guerrero-Maidana (since they were supposed to fight back at 140) ... that'd be an awesome fight IMO .. all action

and maybe Peterson can fight at Welter vs someone in the top 15 ... a Victor Ortiz rematch would be fun

for those who didn't know, Peterson was stripped of his title by the IBF, so even if he can still comforably make 140, it's not like he has a title to defend

I'd say go to Welter and fight the bigger names

Comment

what happened? now nobody wants to move? lol they need that physical advantage

Comment

Working...
                      X