Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hate to break it to you but Danny Garcia was just never that good. Ordinary.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
    Thx for the correction...I will edit...and i do think Peterson won that. Pretty handily, tbh.
    So we will just forget the first 8 rounds of Peterson and his "boxing" he did. Garcia won a close fight. Peterson's strategy didn't work. At one point Lamont turned completely around and ran towards the ropes. WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      I saw someone post in another thread that the Swift fans thinks he's a SPECIAL fighter....I been telling you Swift critics that he's blue collar and not blue chip...of course he has his flaws, of course he doesn't do anything GREAT....as a LOYAL Swift fan I know he's beatable and one day he will take a L...he won't retire undefeated....he'll NEVER be P4P top dog....but he's a LEGIT world champ because he TOOK the belts....no vacant ****, he beat other world champs for his straps

he's fought the BEST dudes in his weight class and have beaten them...a couple of decisions could've gone against him in fights that were close...but the judges scored those fights for him....that mixed with the fact that he's beaten a few fighters decisively that he wasn't supposed to has generated abnormal animosity from so called boxing fans

the kid is 30-0....he finds ways to win fights....he's a tough mutha****a with a sick left hook, a nice right hand and a elite chin....he's a GOOD fighter...not a special one!!....there's only a handful of SPECIAL fighters in the sport....Floyd, BHop, Pac, Ward and Marquez...everybody else is either, GOOD, AVERAGE or getting hyped up from KOing bums....if Swift fought Rod Salkas every fight then he would get praised like GGG....so GTFOH with that Swift bashing....some of you need to find a chill button...FOR REAL!!
      That's a really nice way of saying Danny got lucky twice. And while Danny got the decision he didn't win against Herrera or Peterson
      Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 04-13-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        Handily? Ok... So what was your score for the fight after 8 rounds?
        I had the fight in the neighborhood of 8 rounds to 4;

Lamont running around the first 3 or 4 rounds, potshotting and making Danny miss (mostly) and just generally hitting more than being hit (even though that's not my favorite kind of fight).

The next 5 or 6 were competitive and Danny probably won 3 or 4 of those, but in so doing, ran out of gas.

The last 3 or 4 Lamont beat him up.

That's what the fight looked like to me.

Sorry took me so long to respond.

Comment

I didn't expect to see Peterson walking him down like that, and Danny's shots not affecting him. Peterson must have a better chin than Matthysse. Except he doesn't. Sometimes styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            I didn't expect to see Peterson walking him down like that, and Danny's shots not affecting him. Peterson must have a better chin than Matthysse. Except he doesn't. Sometimes styles make fights.
            Lamont looked like Pernell Whitaker in there damn!

Comment

I think Chris Algieri is better than Danny, outboxes and beats him too....

Comment

Originally posted by Prime 407 View Post
                I think Chris Algieri is better than Danny, outboxes and beats him too....
                Nah man Algeiri isn't the kind of guy that would be able to win a decision against Gift Garcia's judge influencing powers.

Comment

Swift keeps you virgins up all night. Why is it that on NSBs you casuals lump fighters into only two categories, greats and bums? You casuals are a cancer to boxing fans

Comment

He has always been average. He just got a good break with Haymon and icing Khan.

Comment

Imagine, he's not that good and KO'ed Khan and beat Matthysse. What does that say about them? What does that say about most pro boxers actually? What does that say about boxing? and Boxing fans? If Danny Garcia is ordinary, then so is our sport because this ordinary guy has beaten dudes you guys have hyped up to beat the best in the sport. Matthysse was supposed to KO Mayweather and Pacquiao before losing to Garcia. Khan is supposed to be stylistically tough for Mayweather, the #1 best fighter in the sport. DSG beat them both. So what does that say about boxing?

Comment

Working...
                      X