Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing implement a 13th round if and only if after 12 rounds fight is a draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely not. A fighter can switch off when the bell goes, sometimes scorecards take an age and so on.

What if a fighter puts everything into the 12th?

It seems harsh to implement a 13th that is sporadic if it happens. Especially with how bad scorecards can be.

Comment

I love this idea. It's like overtime in basketball, hockey, and football. For sure makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        It amazes me, it really does. How little some of the people on this forum actually comprehend the sport that they comment on.

As a fighter I would say first that I had signed a contract to fight 12 rounds, not 13 or 14 or until you are satisfied. I would then add that if you want to quadruple my purse for the fight to fight this extra round..........

Why do the fighters need to fight more for you? Either way you will beeitch in the forums about who won or lost no matter the outcome.

Fighters only have so many rounds in them and they hope to make the most of what is inside of them. After fighting 12 rounds, if it was a draw, chances are that these human beings are going to be battered and worn. To send them out for another round simply so that you can have a decision, and then ***** about it on an open forum, is just not worth it to them. In that condition that one round could drain 12 rounds out of a mans career, 20 rounds or even kill him.

Kid, what you watch on tv of this sport is not a video game, is not a movie and it is not even a game. It's a brutal sport that has definite consequences, these are real men risking their lives that you are watching.

Take your extra round a shove it!!!!
        Jesus f**king Christ, what did the OP to do you? Slam your wife?

Anyway, you say some s**t about "I signed a contract to fight 12!" as if a 13th round would just be sprung up on fighters afterwards. Seriously? Come on man. Clearly the idea of an extra round would be written into contracts beforehand, not after it was signed.

You've got passion, I'll give you that. But your sense of direction and understanding is f**ked. Get your head straight and stop yelling at clouds.

Comment

Obviously, they should fight until someone quits. Or gets knocked out. We don't need judges in boxing. Who are the judges to decide who won the fight anyway???

Comment

Re

YES. A 13th "over time" round. If only on PPV main events. This would add excitement to the sport. It would also eliminate the bad taste in fan's mouths, the bad business, when the fight ends inconclusively. You dont get showered with boos on national tv !

I'd rather have a BS decision than a freakin' draw! At least you have a conclusive result for fans that paid hundreds of dollars! Okay, let's do it again!

You're getting that high money rematch ANYWAY, without cheating the fans!

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
              Jesus f**king Christ, what did the OP to do you? Slam your wife?

Anyway, you say some s**t about "I signed a contract to fight 12!" as if a 13th round would just be sprung up on fighters afterwards. Seriously? Come on man. Clearly the idea of an extra round would be written into contracts beforehand, not after it was signed.

You've got passion, I'll give you that. But your sense of direction and understanding is f**ked. Get your head straight and stop yelling at clouds.
              No need to use the Lord's name in vain mate

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                No need to use the Lord's name in vain mate
                Your offense is not my burden.

Comment

Your offense is not my burden.
                  Your blasphemy is your burden mate, whether you realise it or not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    Your blasphemy is your burden mate, whether you realise it or not yet.
                    A mythical figure that no one can see, did not magically impregnate a woman without touching her, just so she can give birth to someone who will die, then be bought back to life, as a form of payoff for the sins of people who don't exist yet.

Until religion can come up with a single shred of evidence, please move along.

Anyway, slapping a picture of a messed up Brendan Fraser on your profile certainly conflicts with the virtue of Zeal, so f**k the moral high horse you rode in on, hypocrite.

Comment

A mythical figure that no one can see, did not magically impregnate a woman without touching her, just so she can give birth to someone who will die, then be bought back to life, as a form of payoff for the sins of people who don't exist yet.

Until religion can come up with a single shred of evidence, please move along.

Anyway, slapping a picture of a messed up Brendan Fraser on your profile certainly conflicts with the virtue of Zeal, so f**k the moral high horse you rode in on, hypocrite.
                      Literally didn't read past the first three words, I just love atheist spergs/autists and how they can't help but go on a long-winded rant about something they believe doesn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X