Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamont Peterson's disastrous gameplan.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamont Peterson's disastrous gameplan.

Petey totally blew the early rounds running/feinting/dodging/dancing/falling AND NOT LANDING! this one is almost as bad as Chris Algeri vs Manny. I've never seen a fighter blow an opportunity to go or the KO.

It's almost as bad as the British commentary thinking that Peterson won. Their drunk.

anyone watch the British commentary?

Wow! Amazing they were let anywhere near a device that can transmit sound based on what they see.

Comment

Dude gave them a reason to rob his ass...

Still he won clearly

But I'm glad he got robbed

I've never understood why runners don't get robbed more

This is boxing not Olympics

You better impress if you want to win

Comment

There is always a price to pay for running

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Running and a lil of popin and lockin. I thought he was going to go back to his corner and get a dew rag and come out next round busting out windmills.

I had no ****ing clew what i was watching... If you think you can dance is on Mondays.

Comment

I don't think the overall plan was bad, because Garcia is a hooker and you are not suppose to hook with a hooker (a mistake that cost Peterson huge against Matthysse). So keeping his distance neutralizing the hook was a proper plan.

Where he went awry was the execution because he just needed to do a bit more punching early (with straight power punches along with his jab) and he could have easily won. He kept falling short with his punches also even though he had the range advantage which showed how worried he was about Garcia hitting him with a hook, he needed to step in just a bit more and it would have been so much more clear for him.

He also could have come on earlier thus giving himself a lot more margin for error.

Comment

It was bizarre. I get that they were trying to exploit Danny's biggest weakness, but they wound up neutralizing Lamont's strengths.

Left it way too late to go to work inside. Had he even done it two rounds earlier he would have won.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I don't think the overall plan was bad, because Garcia is a hooker and you are not suppose to hook with a hooker (a mistake that cost Peterson huge against Matthysse). So keeping his distance neutralizing the hook was a proper plan.

Where he went awry was the execution because he just needed to do a bit more punching early (with straight power punches along with his jab) and he could have easily won. He kept falling short with his punches also even though he had the range advantage which showed how worried he was about Garcia hitting him with a hook, he needed to step in just a bit more and it would have been so much more clear for him.

He also could have come on earlier thus giving himself a lot more margin for error.
                True bus was you said it he got ruined by a hooker but he will lose to a but he gives 5 of the 6 early rounds too. All he need to do was NOT stay planted in the pocket. But hey, it's his plan like you said we can all HOPE he should have thrown some straights in there but Petey screwed himself and only himself. He made Garcia miss, but he failed in every way to mount an offense. He won NONE of the early rounds and it wasn't even close... except for the British drunks on commentary where they thought he won...

Comment

Ask yourself this. What round did Danny land a significant shot? Peterson may have lost more rounds. But he won the FIGHT. He still had energy for 3 or 4 more rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    Who cares Frankie? Let's not forget why his rematch with Khan didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X