No announcement yet.

Ward and Dirrell - the top SMW boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward and Dirrell - the top SMW boxers

It's a horrible tragedy that we have yet to see a fight between Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell.

Both are Americans Andres who are technically undefeated and both got victories against top guys like Froch and Abraham. If one of them beat the other, it would be the best win of their career.

Do you think that this fight has any chance of ever happening?

Both been hiding

Froch is the best right now until proven otherwise

Last i checked he is 1 and 1 H2H

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
      Both been hiding

Froch is the best right now until proven otherwise

Last i checked he is 1 and 1 H2H
      Shouldn't Froch be the one searching like mad for a rematch against Dirrell or Ward?

Comment

Dirrell was definitely robbed against Froch, i don't care what anybody says. I'm a fan of Froch too, more than Dirrell, so i'm just calling it for what it was.

He landed much more punches, simply outboxed him and even beat him in the exchanges. He also stunned Froch. Dirrell was quite annoying flopping on the floor quite a bit which is why people want to take away the good things he did in the ring. He won that fight.

However, at the moment it's hard to call him the top guy in the division, he has done very little in the past few years. His talent is unquestionable, but his heart is and his inactivity means he still has to prove it. Talent/Potential alone doesn't get you to the top of a division.

Comment

Originally posted by babynuts View Post
          Dirrell was definitely robbed against Froch, i don't care what anybody says. I'm a fan of Froch too, more than Dirrell, so i'm just calling it for what it was.

He landed much more punches, simply outboxed him and even beat him in the exchanges. He also stunned Froch. Dirrell was quite annoying flopping on the floor quite a bit which is why people want to take away the good things he did in the ring. He won that fight.

However, at the moment it's hard to call him the top guy in the division, he has done very little in the past few years. His talent is unquestionable, but his heart is and his inactivity means he still has to prove it. Talent/Potential alone doesn't get you to the top of a division.
          He did more bad things in the Froch fight than good though which is a shame. Dirrell turned it on in a few rounds and looked really good but the majority of the fight he was running around and diving on the canvas. I thought he nicked the fight but it wasn't a robbery.

He showed in the Abraham fight what he can do. He was on point from the first bell. But then again, he started to mentally fold towards the end of the fight.

Comment

Dirrel ducked ward

He dropped out of the super six after Abraham fight and he was due to fight ward. He said he had head injury which of course is extremely serious but there's sceptics as to whether he faked it if you watch the Abraham incident closely

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              He did more bad things in the Froch fight than good though which is a shame. Dirrell turned it on in a few rounds and looked really good but the majority of the fight he was running around and diving on the canvas. I thought he nicked the fight but it wasn't a robbery.

He showed in the Abraham fight what he can do. He was on point from the first bell. But then again, he started to mentally fold towards the end of the fight.
              I agree with that, maybe Robbery was too strong of a word but i still thought he won and didn't get the decision, i could possibly see a draw.

Yeah i was actually more disappointed in the Abraham fight than the Froch fight. I thought he dominated most of the Abraham fight but i still believe he took the easy way out at the end.

Kind of frustrating when you know how good he is when he wants to be. Then he does some things in the ring that detract from his talents.

Comment

Originally posted by $£X View Post
                It's a horrible tragedy that we have yet to see a fight between Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell.

Both are Americans Andres who are technically undefeated and both got victories against top guys like Froch and Abraham. If one of them beat the other, it would be the best win of their career.

Do you think that this fight has any chance of ever happening?
                Other way around dude. Both are technically defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Other way around dude. Both are technically defeated.
                  What? Ward is technically and untechnically undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    What? Ward is technically and untechnically undefeated.
                    No he isn't and Dirrell has 2 defeats technically speaking.

Comment

Working...
                    X