Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under what circumstances could have Fernando Vargas beaten Felix Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under what circumstances could have Fernando Vargas beaten Felix Trinidad?

Under what circumstances could Fernando Vargas have beaten Felix Trinidad?

I feel like Vargas was winning in the fourth round when he knocked down Tito. As Tito was getting mauled after the knockdown, he punched Nando in the balls. He should have been disqualified imo.

Last edited by sean_1997; 04-09-2015, 12:07 PM.

Vargas got hurt early.

Comment

I think he could have won both with odlh or Trinidad with a lil more seasoning. With better knowledge of the nuances of boxing. Spoiling, defense...tweaking his defense, knowing when to clinch and pace himself, more head movement

He already beat ike quartey n winky wright at such a young age

Comment

Vargas was made for Tito.

Comment

maybe if Tito was drugged and had one arm...then Vargas might have had a chance

Comment

No suspect wraps and no low blows.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              maybe if Tito was drugged and had one arm...then Vargas might have had a chance
              What's that? I can't understand what your saying with Tito's pole in your hole.

Comment

Not possible. He was a level below the top guys and was very fortunate to get that bogus decision over winky.

Comment

When his mouth was chock full of water while receiving instructions, he should spit in Tito's face and then clocked him with a hook-cross. Except Tito would've gotten up. Maybe run out of the ring after and claim victory?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Not possible. He was a level below the top guys and was very fortunate to get that bogus decision over winky.
                    The Wright fight was super close so not a robbery or anything. And Wright lost the last two rounds. Also, to be fair, Vargas was not in very good condition for that fight -- mental and physical. I thought that was an overlooked performance by Nando.

Comment

Working...
                    X