This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some clarification regarding Khan

I see a lot of people saying why didn't Khan take the June 13 fight Ramadan is June 17.

If Khan fought Brook it would end around June 14 because it will finish around midnight. Then there is cooling off periods etc. Drug testing would happen after the fight but drug testing is not allowed in Ramadan. Removal of blood breaks the fast. Khan also is a big 147 and walks around above 147. Why should he go into 12 weeks of training dieting with food he does not like to 2 days after the fight starve for a month? Doesn't make sense.

Then I see people saying Khan doesn't fight any "true welterweights". He should fight a "true welterweight". There definition of a true welterweight is people who started at 147. So Thurman, Brook and Porter are the only "true" welterweights who are ranked higher/better than Algieri. None of those three can fight in May or are due to fight later in the Summer. I don't see Brook getting hate for fighting Rios? He started his career at lightweight just like Khan and Algieri started at LWW. I am not saying Algieri is a good fight I am not justifying it either. Rios vs Brook is also a poor poor fight. Just seems the lets all hate Khan bandwagon has gone crazy and Eddie Hearn has brainwashed the UK public.

Post it in the master thread

Comment

It's tough, you can't start fasting 3-days after you laid it all out in the ring. Dehydration, soreness, fatigue. I agree with you, you have to be in tip top physical and mental shape to practice Ramadan. I wouldn't expect some overweight teenager holding a cheeseburger in one hand and calling Khan a duck, and a ***** in the other hand. Lol. America, home of the (keyboard) brave.

Comment

Working...
      X