No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Matthysse Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    now that garcia has fell from grace people are seeing the fight with clear eyes. it was a robbery. how do you score a knockdown by rabbit punching someone and throwing them in between the ropes? haymon-style boxing
    I suppose we should cross Hearns KO of Duran off the record as well??? Lucas backed into the ropes because of punches and if they weren't there he would have fell....so either way...it's a knockdown

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
      I completely agree.... I was terrified for Danny TBH but after 3 rounds I was like pffff he got this...My brother who originally picked Lucas was bored after 6 rounds and complaining about how easy it was for Danny...

I didn't see a competitive fight....I 100% didn't see Lucas sweep the early rounds....Lucas's best moments were late when Danny started to gas...Then Danny put him down....

I got Provo Stopping Lucas....just saying
      Wow boring? Really? Matthysse officially won 4 of the first 6, how was that not competetive? Lucas also outlanded Garcia in 6 of the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
        Wow boring? Really? Matthysse officially won 4 of the first 6, how was that not competetive? Lucas also outlanded Garcia in 6 of the rounds.
        Official means nothing to me.....I had Garcia taking most the early rounds.....I'm not a fanboy either.....I had Herrera beating Garcia

Comment

This is one of the recent fights that people are still butt hurt about.

If this would had happened or that would had happened it would had been different. But not one thing a bunch of things would had to happened different. The fight went how it went and the right guy won. Would like to see a rematch but it wasn't a barn burner just all the ppl that thought that Danny would had lost want Lucas (and Khan for that matter) to get another shot

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
            I suppose we should cross Hearns KO of Duran off the record as well??? Lucas backed into the ropes because of punches and if they weren't there he would have fell....so either way...it's a knockdown
            ok it was clearly a rabbit punch that hooked him behind the head and threw him into the ropes. rabbit punches aren't legal so if you don't want to debate facts then its pointless. yes he hit lucas with punches once he became tangled in the ropes but the ref isn't supposed to let that happen especially because how did he get tangle in the ropes? from an illegal punch

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              ok it was clearly a rabbit punch that hooked him behind the head and threw him into the ropes. rabbit punches aren't legal so if you don't want to debate facts then its pointless. yes he hit lucas with punches once he became tangled in the ropes but the ref isn't supposed to let that happen especially because how did he get tangle in the ropes? from an illegal punch
              And it was clearly a rabbit punch that knocked out Donaire against Walters but i don't see you talking about that anywhere.... Danny wins for me without the knockdown so yeah whatever helps you sleep at night

Comment

Danny might have won the fight but he knows he had dodged a bullet..

Comment

If there wasn't illegal knockdown then decision might been different.

Comment

Originally posted by trixx12 View Post
                    If there wasn't illegal knockdown then decision might been different.
                    Using the actual scorecards, without the knockdown Matthysse wins 114-113 as round 11 was a clear Matthysse round excluding KD.

Comment

Garcia-Matthysse was a close battle that Garcia edged by a couple rounds. Good scrap between two up and comers. One moves on and the other gets back in line. Fans should quite whining just because their nitwit prediction got shoved back in their ass. It happens. A win on Saturday puts Garcia in line for a big fight that he deserves, like it or not. Hopefully Lucas isn't spending as much time thinking about him as some of you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X