No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Venture ship has started to sink

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
    I have to disagree, actually. I think it's great we get to see fighters who normally appear only on HBO or Showtime platforms. I mean, we are getting more access to fights, with different television networks, and at different times throughout the week. If we had consistent Saturday afternoon boxing, and quality fights, man! Thought both fights today were pretty entertaining and the more exposure boxing gets, the better it will become. More exposure, more fans, more money, better fights, etc. Honestly, what's been killing boxing is the ****y matchmaking. As soon, as the promoters start making quality competitive fights, boxing will get to where it used to be.

Sure, the feel of the PBC production is kind of gimmicky, Arena football, WWE, UFC style, but the fights are there. Again, all I want to see are high stakes fights, and no more easy fights for top guys, especially when they are getting million dollar paydays.
    People complain about the matchups. Sure some of them are mismatches but people act like everyone else is giving us FOTYs every week. There is mismatches everywhere in boxing. Truth is PBC fights on paper are more competitive than what everyone is putting up.

Comment

PBC is absolutely terrible and I hope it sinks soon. It's worse than paying 100 dollars for a PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        this is the same guy that enjoys and pays for bkb, divine fairy tale everybody
        Actually the BKB fight tonight will beat the hell out of anything Haymon has given us on PBC combined.

Comment

Complaining about the announcing is just nitpicking...chemistry will develop over time and some of the guys like Marv Albert have been out of boxing for a long time so they will eventually adjust and improve.

However, not surprisingly because of haymon's penchant for horrible matchmaking, the actual fighting product has not been very good. Haymon should just run the pbc as a business and get the hell out of managing and matchmaking.

There is a clear Al Haymon A team and an Al Haymon B team. He doesn't care if the B team takes losses but wants to make sure the guys on his A team win without much risk involved.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            this is the same guy that enjoys and pays for bkb, divine fairy tale everybody
            BKB >>>>>>>> PBC

BKB brings total entertainment, total action with high quality production value. i'll gladly pay good money for BKB because i know i get my money's worth. PBC is just plain poop.

you'll see tonight that BKB IS the future and not this PBC circus show.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
              Complaining about the announcing is just nitpicking...chemistry will develop over time and some of the guys like Marv Albert have been out of boxing for a long time so they will eventually adjust and improve.

However, not surprisingly because of haymon's penchant for horrible matchmaking, the actual fighting product has not been very good. Haymon should just run the pbc as a business and get the hell out of managing and matchmaking.

There is a clear Al Haymon A team and an Al Haymon B team. He doesn't care if the B team takes losses but wants to make sure the guys on his A team win without much risk involved.
              again how is that any different than what goes on everywhere else in boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                PBC is absolutely terrible and I hope it sinks soon. It's worse than paying 100 dollars for a PPV.
                I actually hope it keeps going long enough to bankrupt Haymon completely or at least to make some real enemies out of his backers so that Al goes into hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  I actually hope it keeps going long enough to bankrupt Haymon completely or at least to make some real enemies out of his backers so that Al goes into hiding.
                  PBC could possible be torn apart by it's own fighters. If fighters start getting pissed off with being kept on the sidelines for months on end they could easily sue for violeations of the Muhammed Ali act.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                    again how is that any different than what goes on everywhere else in boxing?
                    Because no other entity has over 200 fighters and deep world class talent in many many divisions where A+A matches could easily be made....so yes, it's much different.

Also, what's wrong with hoping for better matchups from a guy who is investing hundreds of millions of dollars into getting boxing all over network tv? If boxing is going to bring in more new fans, shouldn't the product be good? Shouldn't boxing put it's best foot forward instead of the tired scheme of selling lies?

Comment

I don't like Al Haymon because of how he's fractured the sport and in the past wasted millions of dollars in network budgets on **** fighters and blocked great fights, BUT I still appreciate the PBC for the bottom line of decent to great fights on multiple broad platforms.

He's trying a new approach so there's trial and error involved, and it takes time to figure those things out. As far as the sponsorship stuff, there's no hurry yet. The brand is still developing first and honestly you would cheapen the brand by bringing in low end sponsors, or by even bringing in big name sponsors at low cost.

Comment

Working...
                      X