Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How high of an ATG would manny be if beat Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    I think he should be up there, 8 weight division champ and if he beats Floyd he would be the first 5 time lineal champ. Which is crazy in 8 weight divisions he would be the man and the true champ in 5 of those.
    Imagine Floyd putting up the 154 titles up in the rematch. If Pacquiao won that too, he'd be 6x Lineal and in a weight class that he never fights in.

Comment

Like 15th to 18th off the top of my head (being generous)...12th if I really make his case ignoring the same criteria for other fighters...he's already in the top 20-30, even taking Mayweather's zero isn't enough to put him in contention with those insane yesteryear resumes.

Comment

I think we'd all need a month or two to actually think about Pac's legacy if he beats Mayweather in convincing fashion. Seriously, it'd be one of the best wins in boxing ever.

Comment

Have to say top 10-15 ATG

Comment

If he beats Mayweather now, he will not be considered the best of all time as some say. Personally I see him as a top 20 fighter in general on the ATG list but both now are past their primes and it's difficult to say how good they both really are at this stage especially when fighting one another. I think we can all agree both fighters will be considered all time greats in their own respect but if Mayweather win's he gets more ATG status than if Pac were to, especially at this stage of their careers. If we base it off purely statistics of the fighters they faced and at which stage of their careers they faced them at Manny win it, if not Mayweather all the way.

Comment

not even in the top 20.

Knocking off Mayweather would definitely be impressive, but you can't look at Pacquiao's resume and draw anything of note.

An argument can be made that Pacquiao lost all four fights to Marquez, and that he faced Oscar, Cotto, and Margarito all at disadvantaged states. You add the sham fights against Rios (coming off of a loss and debuting at 147) and Algieri (after only two fights worth anything, fighting above his weight class for the first time), and the resume falls apart.

Pacquiao "peaked" with his battles with Morales/Barrera/Marquez at 126.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                not even in the top 20.

Knocking off Mayweather would definitely be impressive, but you can't look at Pacquiao's resume and draw anything of note.

An argument can be made that Pacquiao lost all four fights to Marquez, and that he faced Oscar, Cotto, and Margarito all at disadvantaged states. You add the sham fights against Rios (coming off of a loss and debuting at 147) and Algieri (after only two fights worth anything, fighting above his weight class for the first time), and the resume falls apart.

Those are some pretty ancillary guys to mention when you're talking about Manny ****ing Pacquiao's resume. No Rios or Plasterita is making or breaking that ironclad ship.

If you're going to criticize anything it's the quality of the Morales wins and the selection of David Diaz at lightweight.

Comment

If manny scores a clear victory over floyd then he is top 10 ATG

i would have him right next to Duran...

Manny already had a great resume but taking Floyd's 0 in one of the biggest fights ever would really boost him up the rankings..

Having barrera, floyd, morales, marquez, cotto, Hatton, on your resume is just insane

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    not even in the top 20.

Lol this guy is a joke

Comment

Top 10 for sure. Of course they won't rank him like that because for 1 BIG reason, he's not American. Did you read the article about the best athlete of past 20 years of ESPN? Floyd rank 17 while Pacquiao nowhere to be seen. American bias list as usual. Pacquiao break so many records and his resume filled with HOF fighters and people tends to forget that he was smaller in his JWW/WW/JMW fights compare to Floyd. Pacquiao did much better in his 4 out of 5 common opponents with Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X