Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Margarito rank above the greatest Mexican fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't rank cheaters.

Comment

Man, TM was the last real fighter I really rooted for. The way he was trash talking Clottey in the second half of the fight was great. He took on everyone that would enter the ring with him. When everyone didn't have the balls to fight Paul Williams, TM stepped up. He started too slow, he owned Paul the last few rounds.

Still can't fathom if he used plaster all the time, why didn't it get found sooner..?

Comment

I can't say he cheated in any of his other fights. But put it this way:

Once he got caught trying to cheat against Mosley, he was retired within four fights (including the Mosley fight).

Assuming he never cheated in any other fight, he still was never really that good and probably wouldn't have had the success he did had he fought in the weight classes he really belonged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          I can't say he cheated in any of his other fights. But put it this way:

Once he got caught trying to cheat against Mosley, he was retired within four fights (including the Mosley fight).

Assuming he never cheated in any other fight, he still was never really that good and probably wouldn't have had the success he did had he fought in the weight classes he really belonged in.
          IMO, he started to really decline during the Cintron 2, Cotto 1 fights. Even though he won, he took some serious leather in both those fights.

Also I believe he partied way too much after the Cotto win. He was touring gaining lots of weight, then had the Moseley fight. He lost the fight during training since it was just a weight loss clinic

Comment

Originally posted by Norm Peterson View Post
            Fat Larry creating a thread to bash Tony under his latest alt.

Sergio mah favourite fighter doe.

Comment

Very low...

He is nowhere near the class of Sanchez, chavez, morales, barrera, marquez

There have been hundreds of margarito level fighters over the decades come out of Mexico..

Comment

....he might be the Puerto Rican boogie man...besides that....not in the top 100.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfVictory View Post
                  ....he might be the Puerto Rican boogie man...besides that....not in the top 100.

I would say it's orlando salido that is the Rican boogeyman

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfVictory View Post

And the last person to beat his a$$ was? you guessed it a Puerto Rican.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                      And the last person to beat his a$$ was? you guessed it a Puerto Rican.
                      Lol..

I just have the juanma fights etched into my brain... Those were epic slugfests

Comment

Working...
                      X