Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon willing to lay 10 million for Stevenson/Kovalev for September 26th in Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    But Stevenson is ducking Kovalev doe.
    He is doe. This is all speculative talk at this point. Until the fight is made, dude is nothing but a scared chump.

Comment

HBO gonna team up with JAy Z to shut Hymen down.....what, what!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Klimas is a manager and Haymon is an adviser, there's room for co-existence. Haymon could potentially offer a greater deal and it would be in Klimas' best interest for his fighters to do it. Basically Haymon's cutt is a league fee.

We know Haymon can match the money over the next 4 years, provide more exposure in terms of tv, and has access to more bigger name opponents. Who will HBO be able to offer Kovalev to fight come next year? Plus more exposure on national tv could lead to large sponsorship deals.

I'm sure Haymon recognizes he needs dominant action fighters to really sell his league, and he may be willing to make very lucrative offers to the big 3.
        Haymon doesn't "co-exist" with other managers and promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          If kovs hbo deal is up right now and he signs with hbo does that mean he's ducking Adonis?
          Yes. If she does sign with HBO, Duva better make sure there's a an exception in the contract for the Kovalev-Stevenson purse bid. Otherwise, it's both Duva's and Kovalev's fault.

In promoter-fighter contracts, there's usually a clause to let another promoter promote a fight in the case of a purse bid. There better be something like that for HBO-Kovalev contract.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-29-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            Why can't this fight happen on HBO? According to Fat Dan Adonis doesn't have a long term TV contract. Maybe this CBS fight is his last fight for Showtime/CBS. This would be his 3rd fight.
            Haymons spending money on pbc this would be huge for pbc

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Exactly. Why would they tell the other party what they are gonna bid?

This looks like a bluff
              It could be a bluff.

The timing of this sudden push to make this fight and the figures being thrown about are interesting considering Kovalev is negotiating a deal with HBO.

Perhaps they're banking on the likelihood of Kovalev re-upping with HBO in a deal that doesn't allow for any fights outside of HBO...that way if they win the purse-bid and the fight doesn't come off the blame will shift from Stevenson to Kovalev.

Kinda depends on how willing Kovalev is to risk upsetting HBO by balking at an exlusive deal, and also puts HBO in a potentially tough situation of perhaps giving Duva/Kovalev a deal that allows for him to fight outside HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Sounds like Yvon Michel is trying to dissuade a counter-bid by stating that inflated figure, no way Haymon wants to pay that much for those two.

Let's see what they actually bid, put the $10 million up, don't just talk about it.
                Haha I definitely agree. Anybody that bids more than 4.75M wants to lose money.

Comment

I really hope this goes down, if it does then this year in boxing will be historic.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Sounds like Yvon Michel is trying to dissuade a counter-bid by stating that inflated figure, no way Haymon wants to pay that much for those two.

Let's see what they actually bid, put the $10 million up, don't just talk about it.
                    10 million does sound like way too much and a loss of money.... but this is the same guy to put a guy from Detroit and England in Boston for 3+ million. So I think at most maybe half, which is still an ass ton

Comment

No question Haymon will go all in to get this fight on his PBC Platform and rightfully so

Comment

Working...
                      X