No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell's Success Story Seven Years in The Making

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma

It is amazing to me how Russell Performance last night, made Lomachenko a Bigger star, Thats right A bigger star. We all know that Haymon Mafia was at work last night. Gonzalez had a pretty bad week, first he gets a major lawsuit from GBP, 2) he sold his WBC belt for 500k to pay for the 7 figure lawsuit and 3) he is still gonna be -500K when he looses his Lawsuit in court. But lets get back to Lomachenko, Not only did he make Russell Look ordinary, but he took his boxing soul, so papa Haymon made sure to pay Gonzales half a million to get KO and give his son a toy belt so he can get his confidence back, the confidence that Lomachenko took from him. Loma is The true Champion

Comment

GOOD WIN!!!the wbc was protecting Gonzalez one of their own for two yrs !!! gonzo didn't even defend the title against number 1 ranked fighter in two years wtf? but as soon as he steps up competition he loses!!!

Comment

Gonzalez thinks Americans r tuff now

Russell dominated the fight and gave JFK a beating. ...nothing more to say

Comment

Hold up, now I understand Loma beat him and I went for Loma. But didn't they fight for a vacant title??

Russel just destroyed Johnny and took his strap.

Further more how is Loma the real champ when the Axe Man is there??
          Last edited by Bushbaby; 03-29-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            I won't be surprised if he failed the drug test
            Just because Pac was su****ious for years (due to running away from drug testing) that doesn't mean that everyone else is on the juice, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by emerson31 View Post
              We all know that Haymon Mafia was at work last night. Gonzalez had a pretty bad week, first he gets a major lawsuit from GBP, 2) he sold his WBC belt for 500k to pay for the 7 figure lawsuit and 3) he is still gonna be -500K when he looses his Lawsuit in court. Papa Haymon made sure to pay Gonzales half a million to get KO and give his son a toy belt so he can get his confidence back, the confidence that Lomachenko took from him.
              Damn, you are living in a dream world. Russell was the better man and torched Jhonny. Faster, younger, more accurate.

Comment

Hats off to him

He says all the right things

Comment

Lol @ this extreme Loma ****riding. Ol "my dad can beat your dad's ass" type of dudes.

This was a good bounce back win for Russell and he solidified himself as a force in one of my favorite divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
                    Called it. Stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to write it too. Boxingscene writers please calm down, rest, and check your blood pressure (and your soiled pants). Even Sonny Boy Jaro held a belt once, don't set yourselves up for more heartbreak.

@buckfangs
                    Not according to Bernstein and the shill fightcallers...
                    "GARY RUSSELL BECOMES THE 126 POUND KINGPIN IN HIS SECOND TITLE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":snicker:
                    "A one-sided 4th round knockout of Jhonny Gonzalez netted Russell a featherweight title, and a small dose of redemption for having failed miserably in his first attempt at such honors."

Maybe you're the one who needs to calm down, rest and check your blood pressure (and your soiled pants). So desperate for victory, you jack it off the moment you see a headline that barely fits your agenda.

Russell scored a one-sided win over a consensus Top 2-3 featherweight. It's a significant win for a career-long underachiever, less than a year after falling well short in his first leap up in class. Step one is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                      "A one-sided 4th round knockout of Jhonny Gonzalez netted Russell a featherweight title, and a small dose of redemption for having failed miserably in his first attempt at such honors."

Maybe you're the one who needs to calm down, rest and check your blood pressure (and your soiled pants). So desperate for victory, you jack it off the moment you see a headline that barely fits your agenda.

Russell scored a one-sided win over a consensus Top 2-3 featherweight. It's a significant win for a career-long underachiever, less than a year after falling well short in his first leap up in class. Step one is what it is.
                      If you're not desperate how would I know you would write an article about this? Most weeks, you just put the recap of one of the weekend fights but you had to write about Russell, you just had to. I don't remember you making an article about anyone else who has beat Gonzales? That's why I said precautionary tale. A trinket title doesn't make you a success story. Gonzales beating Mares doesnt make him this great fighter you guys act like he is. He was coming in beaten by De Leon, losing to Clive Atwell(who?), and not being able to put a shot,dead scared Arce away. Step one and that's it. Cautionary tale,that's all. Don't get your hopes like you did for him against Lomachenko so you can cry later. You guys thought Broner would be P4P(lol) and what happened there? You've been warned.

Comment

Working...
                      X