No announcement yet.

GGG= Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG= Mike Tyson?

Can you guys see GGG losing once he steps up his competition? I remember when Mike Tyson was considered a monster knocking out tomato cans left and right, which is something I see from GGG right now. But Tyson didn't look like the monster that he was portrayed as when he stepped up comp. Although GGG isn't going through the personal problems Tyson was going through, I do believe that GGG can suffer the same fate once he steps up his comp.

Tyson didn't lose when he stepped up in competition. He lost in what is considered possibly the biggest upset in boxing history. The exact opposite of stepping up in competition.

Comment

I think of GGG more like tito Trinidad..

GGG will wreck his way thru everyone until he finds his hopkins (ward?)

Comment

Dont almost all fighters lose when stepping up comp?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Dont almost all fighters lose when stepping up comp?
          Yeah anyone can lose stepping up comp. I'm talking about knocking out everyone in their path left and right to that sudden threat that beats them.

Comment

Everyone looses eventually....because we are talking about human beings and we all have an off day once in awhile....It's like going to work one day and everything goes wrong (happens to everyone) but with boxing when this inevitable off day happens it's your ass and now you are no longer undefeated....

Comment

He is using the Tyson blueprint. Ko a bunch of cans to inflate your hype

Comment

According to everyone here ggg would have stopped tyson in 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  Can you guys see GGG losing once he steps up his competition? I remember when Mike Tyson was considered a monster knocking out tomato cans left and right, which is something I see from GGG right now. But Tyson didn't look like the monster that he was portrayed as when he stepped up comp. Although GGG isn't going through the personal problems Tyson was going through, I do believe that GGG can suffer the same fate once he steps up his comp.
                  You do realize that the majority of GGG's opponents in the past 3 years have been top 10 ranked middleweights, don't you? Hardly the 'tomato cans' that his detractors like to portray them as. There is nothing at all wrong with his resume other than the top fighters in the division are refusing to get in the ring with him. That is not by his or his team's design. He is ready and willing to fight any middleweight who wishes to try their luck.

If you were to look at the resume of Andre Ward, you would see that up to the Super 6 tournament all Ward every fought were no name, unranked fighters that no one ever heard of and have not heard of since.

The biggest problem with the middleweight division today is that way too much attention is given to Cotto and Canelo, two fighters who have yet to move completely into the division. Cotto by not yet defending his title and Canelo by creating his new '155' division. If both of them would decide to either move completely into the division or return to 154, things would be a lot better.

Comment

I always thought Tyson was too small for heavyweight. He's really the perfect cruiserweight.

I think the same thing here with GGG, he's the perfect middleweight and he can do some damage will the smaller 168 guys, but a good 174 guy coming down to 168 healthy, gives him problems.
                    Last edited by Buckfever; 03-28-2015, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X