Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direll gets in that a$$

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
      Dirrell obviously has tremendous skill but he hasn't looked sharp of late and that was against very weak competition. I don't know if all the time off has wasted his prime away or maybe it's hard for him to give it his all against low level opposition but he doesn't look like the guy from the super six. I think Dirrell at his very best might be too much for Degale but there's no guarantee that guy shows up or even exists anymore.
      Explain how he hasn't looked sharp lately.. He totally outclasses his last opponent without any foot movement and still showcased he can do so when necessary. He also entertained and showboated across 12 rounds, showed a more focused Southpaw stance. I'm sorry but Degale has not shown or prone he better than Dirrell at any point or even on his level. Who has Degale fought? Why the hell is Froch still ducking Dirrell after robbing him?

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
        Explain how he hasn't looked sharp lately.. He totally outclasses his last opponent without any foot movement and still showcased he can do so when necessary. He also entertained and showboated across 12 rounds, showed a more focused Southpaw stance. I'm sorry but Degale has not shown or prone he better than Dirrell at any point or even on his level. Who has Degale fought? Why the hell is Froch still ducking Dirrell after robbing him?
        Shocking, me and you don't agree on something.

Ok lets start. "He totally outclasses his last opponent without any foot movement" First off, the person he outclassed was Derek Edwards, so let's put the word outclassed into perspective. Second, I'm pretty sure you answered you're own question right there. Like I said in my post, maybe he's not doing all he can bc of his level of opposition but by your own admission he completely abandoned one of the strongest aspects of his game. The fight before that he fought another bum and looked god awfully flat in that fight.

My words were "I think the best Dirrell is too much for Degale but we don't know if that guy will show up or exists anymore." Which implys that I think Dirrell has shown me more, so not sure who you are arguing here. Although I still don't agree with you bc who has Dirrell really fought?

As far as Froch, oh please! Froch continued the Super Six and went to the finals after their fight and Dirrell eventually dropped out, so there was no rematch in the tournament. Then Froch went on to fight a champion and take his belt, avenge an actual loss and fight two of the biggest fights in UK. Dirrell has done nothing since that fight and there was absolutely no point in time where it made sense for that re-match to happen. Besides immediately after they fought there was never any demand for the rematch. And it wasn't a robbery, it was a very close fight (one that I hated). Froch was dirty, Dirrell was dirty, Froch couldn't catch him, Dirrell held more than he punched. Who the hell wants to see that again?

Comment

Comment

I'm not sold on Andre yet.

Comment

This fight really feels like the last chance for the Dirrell brothers. Anthony is coming off a very disappointing loss to Jack. This is definitely the last chance for Andre Dirrell to put a stamp on his legacy. I think the best way to describe him would be as an underachiever. Immense talent who never got anywhere. 10 years into the sport and this may be his last chance at a title. You would think a fighter of his caliber would have won at least a couple by now, but the reality is starting to sink in.

What a shame it would be if he never won a belt... He may taste disappoint here again.

The same goes DeGale, he's a gold medalist and he needs to start showing his quality.

In the end I got DeGale.

Comment

This is a good fight. REALLY good fight!

Andre is trying to come back and show the world his true abilities. He got screwed over in the Super Six and he wants that Froch rematch. He'll have to go through DeGale to get there.

DeGale got the short end of the stick against Groves, but rebounded and worked his way up to the top. He believes that Dirrell's heart is suspect (The Abraham fight) and will go at him hard, trying to make him quit.

Comment

Degale is ahead in the poll? Nice. I think it will be a nice match up, pretty competitive but with a convincing winner who I think will be Dirrell.

Comment

Comment

DeGale is the more complete fighter, watch both and look at the angles both utilize, the defence, ability to switch from defence to offence quickly. DeGale better on inside too. Watch Dirrell's latest fights, he marches forward in straight lines and then jumps straight back out when someone throws a punch, DeGale can roll shots, block, and counter. Dirrell has faster hands and straighter punchers though.

Comment

Working...
                      X