No announcement yet.

Broner is only 25 years old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner is only 25 years old

Think about it. He may be an annoying loudmouthed prick at times, but for people to talk so much shhit about his boxing is ridicolous. He is only 25 years old. HE'S NOT EVEN IN HIS PRIME YET! Of course he is not perfect, but trust me, Broner got massive potential. His punching power, chin and his defensive skills are proven to be good and he looked astonishing in beating Molina. He will only get better and better. Why do people hate on him before he is even given the chance to live out his full potential?

Yeah he has potential.....

As Fatburgers next model.

Comment

Broner has talent for sure, but he hasn't put on a great performance in what seems like a few years. Also, I think he has solid but not great power.

Comment

Anthony mundine potential? lol

Comment

Broner just needs to grow out a 70s fro to activate his true power.

All this time pop's been brushing his hair, but there's no hair to brush.

Comment

Actually he doesn't have a particularly good chin or defensive skills. Hand speed and decent power is about it. But his power was only really effective at 130 when he was fighting midgets. Not so much now.

I'd say the one thing Broner has going for him is charisma so he can attract fans, particularly in the African American "hip-hop" community/culture.

But let's be honest: He's a fallen HBO hype machine who won't succeed against top competition.

Comment

Originally posted by $£X View Post
              Think about it. He may be an annoying loudmouthed prick at times, but for people to talk so much shhit about his boxing is ridicolous. He is only 25 years old. HE'S NOT EVEN IN HIS PRIME YET! Of course he is not perfect, but trust me, Broner got massive potential. His punching power, chin and his defensive skills are proven to be good and he looked astonishing in beating Molina. He will only get better and better. Why do people hate on him before he is even given the chance to live out his full potential?
              Your ability really peaks in the early 20s and then declines from there. He has some talent but is noticeably getting slower and slower. As for Molina he looked pretty bad even for him, gunshy, looking for the overhand right all night while Broner still did not impress nor has his ring IQ improved in the least.

Comment

And he has a black belt in Hee yung doe!

Comment

I like the guy but he has a problem. He is a welterweight and when he can no longer make 140 he will have to move back up. That division is stacked and I don't think he can be an elite fighter at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    Broner has talent for sure, but he hasn't put on a great performance in what seems like a few years. Also, I think he has solid but not great power.
                    I think his power needs to be seen in the right context. 22 KOs out of 30 wins, that's quite a high percentage. 3 of his decision wins came in 2009, when he was still new to the sport. Leon and Malignaggi went the distance against him, but watch the fight, Malignaggi was running and Leon was ducking his head constantly trying to hold. Broner's power is actually much greater than many think. The reason his last 3 opponents weren't knocked out is because Broner is changing his style, he learned in his loss to Maidana that he needs to focus less on getting knockouts.

Comment

Working...
                    X