Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else has Gary Russell Jr. winning this weekend by controversial decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else has Gary Russell Jr. winning this weekend by controversial decision?

This will be a complete clash of styles leaving half the people thinking Russell won and the other half saying Gonzalez won. Gonzalez will win power punch stats and punches thrown while Russell Jr. will win the jabs and % landed.

My prediction: 118-110 UD for Russell in a fight that appears to be much closer or even controversial after the cards are read.

I don't think it will be controversial at all, it will be competitive but Russell Jr will win decisively.

Comment

Nah, Russel by wide decision. Lomachenko is one of the greatest amateur fighters ever, it is hard to gauge what Russel can do when all we really have is TBAs and Loma. This is the fight he should've had before Loma really.

Comment

I'm not comfortable calling this fight at all. I don't know how much of Russell's awful performance against Lomachenko was because of Lomachenko, and how much because Russell has nothing but fast hands.

If he is all speed and no effectiveness, Gonzalez will win.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I'm not comfortable calling this fight at all. I don't know how much of Russell's awful performance against Lomachenko was because of Lomachenko, and how much because Russell has nothing but fast hands.

Pretty much this. I'm think russel just sucks tho

Comment

I think it was more of Lomachenko being the real deal but we will see.

Comment

Russell will win, it's a cherry picked title.

Comment

It is a total clash of styles I agree. I also think this fight will be boring as ****.

Comment

Was Russell that bad against Lomachenko? I know he clearly lost but thought he gave on OK account of himself. Can't really remember the fight though.

Comment

People need to remember that Gonzalez is actually one of the best boxer-punchers in the game (except for his chin), hes not just a puncher.

Imo if the fight goes to a decision chances are Russell won legit.

Comment

Working...
                    X