Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy a Nintendo Wii U if they released a full-fledged boxing game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
    Hmmm, you have to take into consideration the Wii U LAUNCHED Nov 2012.
    Xbox One launched Nov 2013.

The Wii U basically had a ENTIRE year head start, and yet the Xbox One still caught up and has surpassed it.

But its not to bad, because the Original WII, crushed the PS3, Xbox 360 with ease.
    he said last quarter!

Comment

Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
      Hmmm, you have to take into consideration the Wii U LAUNCHED Nov 2012.
      Xbox One launched Nov 2013.

The Wii U basically had a ENTIRE year head start, and yet the Xbox One still caught up and has surpassed it.

But its not to bad, because the Original WII, crushed the PS3, Xbox 360 with ease.
      The least the Microsoft XB1 could do is catch up to the Nintendo Wii U and beat it by several hundred thousand units, that's the least it can do, even with the one year head start. Considering it was supposed to be rivals with the PS4 (20 million units), which also has the 1 year disadvantage XB1 has, instead it rivals Nintendo. Nintendo is largely promoted to a certain age demographic, kids/parents. While XB1 is targeted for all ages, it has a larger fanbase, much larger than Nintendo. I doubt that number (9.2 vs 10) will be considerably different in 1 year.

Comment

Most boxing games suck.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
          he said last quarter!
          Yep, thanks to Mario Kart 7 and SSBros., last year I believe it was in the last quarter, Wii U dominated both PS4 and XB1. In 2013 last quarter(holidays), Wii U and 3DS destroyed both consoles.

In Feb 2015, the 3DS beat out PS4 and XB1.

Nintendo isn't doing too bad. I'm a PS4 guy, but Wii U is doing its thing, it's in the race with XB1.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Yep, thanks to Mario Kart 7 and SSBros., last year I believe it was in the last quarter, Wii U dominated both PS4 and XB1. In 2013 last quarter(holidays), Wii U and 3DS destroyed both consoles.

In Feb 2015, the 3DS beat out PS4 and XB1.

Nintendo isn't doing too bad. I'm a PS4 guy, but Wii U is doing its thing, it's in the race with XB1.
            IMO the Wii U is a complimentary system. If the online network was better it would be more competitive. It's fun though. I like my Wii U. It's like a Super Wii... and HD Wii.

Comment

It really depends on the quality of the game.
              Ubisoft have released a few exclusives on the Wii U, including a truly awful port of Watch Dogs, and then have been shocked that it didn't sell.

I love my Wii U. It's not going to win this console race, but with a few more hits I can see it running the XB1 close for second.

Comment

The WiiU has Bayonetta 2

Comment

Smash Bros is awesome. I loved Ganondorf and Pichu in Melee. In Brawl, I loved the Pokemon Trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Most boxing games suck.
                    Fight Night is the only series that was ever consistently good, and it ****ed up with Champion.

Comment

Probably not.. But that oculus rift (virtual reality thing) that's coming out pretty soon that has everyone freaking out... If they put out a boxing game I'd definitely jump on that. It'd be like the real thing without actually getting whacked upside your head.

Comment

Working...
                      X