Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi in talks to fight EBU Champion Gianalucca Branco, possibly in U.S.!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulie Malignaggi in talks to fight EBU Champion Gianalucca Branco, possibly in U.S.!

Google it.

Weird that a European title will be defended outside the continent. It's like Witter's defense against Lovemore N'dou for the Commonwealth title in U.S.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is his last fight, boxing a fellow Italian for the European title where you are a heavy favorite (skill, experience and age) and leaving on a winning note.
    Last edited by Box-Office; 03-25-2015, 12:13 PM.

Yea I heard about that too. I don't know the rules of the EBU, but somehow he qualifies for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Yea I heard about that too. I don't know the rules of the EBU, but somehow he qualifies for it.
      He has an Italian ie European Passport, which is the main requisite, however you need to have boxed 5 of your last 10 bouts in Europe to be eligible for competing in a EBU title bout. So, yeah......

http://www.boxebu.biz/#!ebu-championships-rules/cht4

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        He has an Italian ie European Passport, which is the main requisite, however you need to have boxed 5 of your last 10 bouts in Europe to be eligible for competing in a EBU title bout. So, yeah......

http://www.boxebu.biz/#!ebu-championships-rules/cht4
        Time for the....exception

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

He has an Italian Passport, which I and am sure many others knew about from before, but he hasn't boxed at least 5 of his last 10 bouts in Europe is the complicated part.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

yea, the 5 out of 10 fights would've been the exception since his only fight in Europe in taht stretch was against Senchenko

Comment

I'm not against Malignaggi fighting for the title.

But no way should it be contested outside of Europe.

Comment

The first rule of all boxing sanctioning bodies is that the rules can be changed when convenient.

Comment

Someone needs to talk sense to this young man, he is done!
                    He took a beating last time out and he won't revisit his youth anytime soon.
                    There should be ZERO interest in this match up.
                    Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X