Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel when your favourite fighter loses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel terrible. It's almost like I lost the damn fight myself. Most of my favorite fighters like Canelo, GGG, Rigo, Pacquiao, Matthysse, Maidana and Kovalev don't often lose but it happens. Then I hope for them to get a good win as soon as possible. Part of how bad I feel depends on how they lost. Pacquiao's lost to Bradley didn't bother me but his lost to Marquez did even though I am also a Marquez fan.

Comment

Mayweather and Ward never lose.

Comment

One good thing about having 9 or 10 favorite fighters is if one of them loses one of my other favorites will soon get a good win and make me happy.

Comment

It can definitely bother me. Lucas losing to Danny pretty much ruined Mayweather-Canelo for me, I just wasn't really in the mood to watch anymore boxing that night. I couldn't re-watch that fight for a while either

Comment

I'm a fan of the sport, and the craft. I'm not a fanboy. My family has been involved in boxing for years. Some of the fighters I've met and liked get some extra love where others who I've met and liked :cough::Khan--get none

I don't think fanboyness is good for the sport.

Comment

I always try to prepare myself for the possibility of them losing, that way, I won't feel bad if they do.

One way to do this is to not get too attached to my favorite boxers. That way, I won't end up disliking their opponents and instead, just give them the credit they deserve.

Another way is to look up on who they're fighting so that I can at least be aware of how they can lose. To see a guy you know nothing about, show up and beat your favorite boxer can really be frustrating because even if you wanted them to win, at least you could have known they were in for a tough fight. It could have taken away some of the impact from the loss. It could be more like "Well, I already knew this guy was good but hey, at least [insert favorite boxer] tried" rather than "Aw man, this dude just got lucky!"

I'm just glad I'm not a Danny Garcia fan. So far, it hasn't happened to any of my favorite boxers yet.
              Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 03-24-2015, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Dunno. He has never lost a fight. I'm waiting to see how I feel the first time he has to go the distance in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Mayweather and Ward never lose.
                  Ward never fights.

Comment

A bit shocked but that's about it. At the end of the day that's how the sport goes.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X