Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gary Hyde Interview - Update on Rigo's Status (Not Looking Good)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel bad for Rigo, he's literally too good at boxing.

Comment

Caribe just sitting on Rigo until a big money opportunity comes along. They have no interest in taking on risk with investing money into him, just there to be parasites.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
        The little Super Flyweight that could...

Beggars can't be choosers... and Rigo's team doesn't want to go to the land of the rising sun, even though they are about the only ones showing interest in the man???? He may be the champion but everything requires sacrifice and Rigondeaux's situation requires more than most. Sadly his promotional company is sub par and Rigondeaux himself either isn't too bright or he chooses to ignore the fact that a career in US soil is highly unlikely at this point.
        Good points.

Hyde sounds off in this interview. Why would it be a shame for Rigo to travel to Japan once again? He did it once and reportedly got paid well. If anything, Rigo should be praying that a good offer comes from Japan, and accept it in a heartbeat if it happens.

After Rigo's contract with Top Rank ended, I said that his future wasn't in the U.S, but in Europe. If he indeed received an offer from Frank Warren, not accepting it was once again a big mistake, in my opinion.

Describing Caribe as subpar is clearly an euphemism. They are incompetent and basically a promotional company in name only.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Caribe

If Rigo could have signed with Roc Nation, Haymon or Warren his life would be so much easier right now.
          He really should sign with Roc Nation. Look at all the great fights they have lined up for Cotto and Ward! No, wait...

Can't sign with Haymon because where would LSC run to?

8 of the top 10 ranked fighters in his division are unbeaten. There is a serious lack of promoters doing their job to get quality fights made at that weight.

Where is all the fan outrage at Rigo not moving up to 126? It's only a meager 4 pounds. Where is all the outrage at his resume being so limited? If he was a EE fighter, people would be shredding him by now.

Comment

At this it point if he can't get the top 122lbers, he might have to go to 126, even if he is small, he gives up a lot of size but he might get the big fights. i don't think anyone would do a catch weight or risk being drained, they would want to be there best when facing Rigo, and rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Rigondeaux should just retire and go down as the greatest fighter ever for beating Donaire and only being dropped 10 times in 13 fights or whatever it is.
              This right here. He beat TBE Donaire. He can retire now.

Comment

Smh........

Comment

Rigo should have taken the Frank Warren offer, and start fighting in the UK regularly so the UK midgets could stop ducking him.

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  Its Bob Arum doe!
                  That's what is so hilarious about the Cult of Rigo blaming Bob for people walking out of his fight because "they were there to see Tapia doe". Even his own people don't want to take him to Miami because they know it won't make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    The little Super Flyweight that could...

It seems like Hyde threw his hands up like "Fuck it" and became a Caribe yes man. It sucks because Rigondeaux has no one around his team to shake him up and unravel the realities of his situation to him.

Beggars can't be choosers... and Rigo's team doesn't want to go to the land of the rising sun, even though they are about the only ones showing interest in the man???? He may be the champion but everything requires sacrifice and Rigondeaux's situation requires more than most. Sadly his promotional company is sub par and Rigondeaux himself either isn't too bright or he chooses to ignore the fact that a career in US soil is highly unlikely at this point.
                    Ya man, that's how I feel as well. If you want the big money or major success, you need to take risks, not just in boxing, in life. This reminds me of friends of mine who have good jobs, are comfortable but then ***** because they aren't where they think they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      Ya man, that's how I feel as well. If you want the big money or major success, you need to take risks, not just in boxing, in life. This reminds me of friends of mine who have good jobs, are comfortable but then ***** because they aren't where they think they should be.
                      Right. That peasant mentality doe . On a serious note, you either make it out of the situation or the situation makes you, and it seems like the little Super Fly God that could is allowing time to slip right past him and down the drain. Eventually, once his drain clogs and he's out of cigarette money and could only afford the smell of a Cuban sandwich on the "plancha", he might just realize the stupidity he dabbled with. Till then, Caribe, Hyde and Rigo can happily hug one another and go fuck themselves, I mean, at this rate... they're already doing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X